OpenTTD Manager released

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

OpenTTD Manager released

Post by Andrex »

Hi everyone, here I present [yet another] OpenTTD management and updating solution for both new and advanced users.

Download latest OpenTTD Manager

The program will download and install any OpenTTD version automatically to any desired location. Default locations such as C:\OpenTTD are auto detected. You can install any stable, beta, nightly or an older version directly and view version information. Platform type (Win9x, Win32, Win64) is auto detected but can be selected from the Options menu.

It's already available in English, Spanish and Portuguese, to add a translation, click the plus sign next to the language list in the Settings dialog and submit the translation so I can add it to the next version.

Any comments, suggestions and bug reports are welcome. Tested it on Windows XP and 7, but not 8.
Phreeze
Director
Director

Re: OpenTTD Manager released

Post by Phreeze »

i use a "openttd_lateststable" folder for the latest release and a "openttd_nightly" for nightly releases, allthough i dont update the nightlies often.

Is your tool capable of only updating my nightly folder ? I dont want to mix up versions
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Yes, the tool will only update the OpenTTD from the folder you specify. Just open that folder from the File menu.
lugo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lugo »

Not that i'm paranoid, but do you have any idea why chrome tells me this download is "unusual and potentially dangerous"?
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

lugo wrote:Not that i'm paranoid, but do you have any idea why chrome tells me this download is "unusual and potentially dangerous"?
It might simply do that for all .exe files?
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

lugo wrote:Not that i'm paranoid, but do you have any idea why chrome tells me this download is "unusual and potentially dangerous"?
Probably because my site at andreszsogon.com is relatively new, and the program is even newer. Extremist blocking of all Internet content seems to be the only way for Google and Microsoft to protect their users nowadays.

Just click the microscopic arrow next to the downloaded file and select Keep. :wink:
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

It is most likely because at one point the IP address(es) your site uses were once used by a site that hosted malicious content, and the IP address is on one or more blacklists.
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

OpenTTD Manager 1.0.3 is out, and I'd like to thank:
  • arikover for the French translation
  • siu238X for the Chinese (simplified and traditional) translations
  • Telk for the Korean translation
  • wojteks86 for the Polish translation
  • Gego for the Slovak translation
Anyone is welcome to translate the program to another language, simply download the attached file and follow its instructions. You can then send it to me directly or reply to this thread attaching the file, which is very short. Thanks!!
Attachments
ottdm_103_english.zip
Translation from English and instructions.
(2.05 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

I'm working on a Dutch translation, but I have some questions:
What is the context of 048?
What is #FN# in 072? Is #FN# replaced by some filenames or something?
In 088, the original are the TTD files and the downloaded ones are the Open* replacements?

Also, is 082 correct with the Check for Updates button? I didn't find a string for that button, and it seems to be unrelated to the OTTD program.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

If you think that your program match the description of an updater, you might want to add it to this wiki page: http://wiki.openttd.org/OpenTTD_Updaters
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Transportman wrote:What is the context of 048?
What is #FN# in 072? Is #FN# replaced by some filenames or something?
In 088, the original are the TTD files and the downloaded ones are the Open* replacements?

Also, is 082 correct with the Check for Updates button? I didn't find a string for that button, and it seems to be unrelated to the OTTD program.
084 is for the status bar, and it will show for example "OpenTTD 1.4.0 detected at C:\OpenTTD\".
072, #FN# will be replaced by the current file being extracted from the ZIP, when installing a new version.
088, it refers to the original TTD graphic and music files.
082 is correct, the Check for Updates button is the large button on the right, that after checking for updates becomes the Install button.

Thanks for the translation.
Zuu wrote:If you think that your program match the description of an updater, you might want to add it to this wiki page: http://wiki.openttd.org/OpenTTD_Updaters
Thanks, I'll do that when I have the time. Currently playing OpenTTD 8)
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Attached is the Dutch translation. Someone else might improve it, I tried to be as consistent as possible, both with other strings in the program as with other programs, but since my computer runs fully in English, I can't be sure if the strings are really consistent with other programs.

Also, I don't know if I should place my name in string 029, so I didn't do that, but that is only a minor thing to do if needed.
Attachments
ottdm_103_dutch.txt
Dutch Translation
(7.72 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Thanks, I'll add to the next version which will be released as soon as I get other pending translations.
siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by siu238X »

Thanks for including the Chinese translations.

And the program works great as well :mrgreen:

Meanwhile, I have found that in the "Settings" (?) window, the "Reset" button seems not open for translations, so I wish to know whether this is intended. :wink:
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Zuu wrote:If you think that your program match the description of an updater, you might want to add it to this wiki page: http://wiki.openttd.org/OpenTTD_Updaters
Updated, added screenshots for some programs and sorted by last update date which I added as well. Check if out and let me know if something is not right. :wink:
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Andrex wrote:
sorted by last update date
what a "modest" change in sorting :roll:
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

planetmaker wrote:what a "modest" change in sorting :roll:
Well, it is a Wiki, what did you expect :P.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

I also translated the page to spanish and I did include all tools, except the script-type ones.

Sorting by release date is the most logical thing to do. There are discontinued tools as well, why would anyone put those first? ¬¬
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Sorting by name is as logical. Or sorting by being first release date.
Andrex wrote:except the script-type ones.
And the justification for that...?
If you think that they are useless, you use the wrong OS. All which you describe in your "translation" are useless for me.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

wiki about OTTDAU wrote:This tool was last updated on March 22, 2008.
Where did you get that date from? The client version was last updated in December 2011. It is also possible that there was server-side updates after that, thought I cannot see any announced such changes. I cannot find that date on the website and thus wonder where you got it from?

Edit: By adding last update date, you also add another location that needs an update on every new release. Not really good from the point of keeping releases easy to manage without forgetting to update some stuff.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)

Return to “General OpenTTD”