if i have two versions of opentdd installed are they sharing the same setting file?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

GrandSeverus
Engineer
Engineer

if i have two versions of opentdd installed are they sharing the same setting file?

Post by GrandSeverus »

Hi,
So wonder if i have opentdd version 13 and i have version 12. Do changes in one version of the game carry over to the game settings in second version?
Thanks for the info,
Cheers
kamnet

Re: if i have two versions of opentdd installed are they sharing the same setting file?

Post by kamnet »

Typically, yes, because by default all of the .cfg files are saved in a global shared directory, which OpenTTD will use. If this isn't desired, then move the .cfg files into the directory where the openttd.exe file is located and the game will use those first.

It's not an issue to go back and forth between versions, either. If a configuration file has newer features/settings and you try to use the older version, you'll get a warning that the feature is being ignored, you'll still be able to play.
GrandSeverus
Engineer
Engineer

Re: if i have two versions of opentdd installed are they sharing the same setting file?

Post by GrandSeverus »

kamnet wrote: 07 Mar 2024 22:39 Typically, yes, because by default all of the .cfg files are saved in a global shared directory, which OpenTTD will use. If this isn't desired, then move the .cfg files into the directory where the openttd.exe file is located and the game will use those first.

It's not an issue to go back and forth between versions, either. If a configuration file has newer features/settings and you try to use the older version, you'll get a warning that the feature is being ignored, you'll still be able to play.
Sorry for the late reply.
Thank you for the clarification.
Cheers,

Return to “General OpenTTD”