How are infrastructure sharing costs calculated.

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mauried
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

How are infrastructure sharing costs calculated.

Post by mauried »

Playing in multiplayer mode with other players and AIs, if other players or AIs use your infrastructure like for example driving trucks up and down roads that you built or stopping in your stations or depots how is the sharing cost calculated.
In the settings it seems that you only get a fee for someone else stopping in your stations for a given period of time.
I was wondering if its feasable economically to play the game purely as an infrastructure builder where all you do is build roads and railway lines and stations and ports and fund towns with your infrastructure in them which everyone else can use ?
kamnet

Re: How are infrastructure sharing costs calculated.

Post by kamnet »

Yep, that's possible. It's how I play all my single-player games. First company builds all the infrastructure. Subsequent companies are set up for specific transports. I usually organize as: pax rail, freight rail, pax buses & trams, freight trucks & trams, all ships, all aircraft, all mail. Sometimes I let AI play those roles too.
mauried
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: How are infrastructure sharing costs calculated.

Post by mauried »

Thanks, Ive been playing around with this play style, and while it doesnt make lots of money, its a very relaxing way to play , as you can leave the game running without having to do anything, and just watch your Bank Balance keep going up.

Return to “General OpenTTD”