Problem with NewGRF trains

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

fernann
Engineer
Engineer

Problem with NewGRF trains

Post by fernann »

Good morning, Ive downloaded the game some days ago and Ive been playing with the mods for new trains.
The problem that I have is that when I use Project Generic Trains and RIMS I cannot see the rest of the trains available. In fact, I cand only see a couple of the mods trains. For example now I can only see the trains from generic trains. Is there a way to use multiple trains mods at the same time? Ive been searching here in the forum but I cant find the dinamic engines option on the console.
Thanks
kamnet

Re: Problem with NewGRF trains

Post by kamnet »

fernann wrote: 21 Jul 2023 14:27 Good morning, Ive downloaded the game some days ago and Ive been playing with the mods for new trains.
The problem that I have is that when I use Project Generic Trains and RIMS I cannot see the rest of the trains available. In fact, I cand only see a couple of the mods trains. For example now I can only see the trains from generic trains. Is there a way to use multiple trains mods at the same time? Ive been searching here in the forum but I cant find the dinamic engines option on the console.
Thanks
RIMS is a maglev train set, so to see those vehicles you first must change the track type to Maglev, and then build a Maglev depot.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Problem with NewGRF trains

Post by Emperor Jake »

Most NewGRF vehicle sets will disable the default vehicles. You can use something like OpenGFX+ Trains to bring them back. Also, mixing different vehicle sets is usually no problem, though you might get some graphical/cost balancing mismatches.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”