AXIS - Another eXtreme Industry Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: XIS - Extreme Industry Set

Post by Argus »

Another error in the XIS translation, wool is translated as fibres.
Mane25
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mane25 »

Hi, does anyone happen to have a diagram of the industry chains for the AXIS steeltown economy?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Mane25 wrote: 17 Feb 2023 12:59 Hi, does anyone happen to have a diagram of the industry chains for the AXIS steeltown economy?
No, AXIS is still in development, nothing is finalized yet.
Martinsen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Martinsen »

So what's changes from XIS to AXIS?

Seam's a bit like FIRS steeltown vs extreme but is there more to it?
Oakman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Oakman »

First of all,

thank you very much for AXIS, works great.
Just one question: Why was the Forest/lumber/wood chain removed? It was nice stuff to transport and lets be honest, the two goods (Lumber and Wood) and perhaps 3 new buildings don't make big difference.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Probably due to the limit on the number of factories. Maybe it will be in another AXIS branch later. To be honest, I didn't even notice. :)
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Oakman wrote: 21 Aug 2023 11:11 First of all,

thank you very much for AXIS, works great.
Just one question: Why was the Forest/lumber/wood chain removed? It was nice stuff to transport and lets be honest, the two goods (Lumber and Wood) and perhaps 3 new buildings don't make big difference.
There was simply no space left in the AXIS Steeltown economy, I was struggling to fit everything into the maximum of 64 cargo types.

Rest assured that future AXIS economies will bring back the wood chain :)
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I will look forward to the next alpha version. Is there anything coming up in the near future? :)
Captain Rand
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Captain Rand »

Emperor Jake wrote: 21 Aug 2023 12:18 I was struggling to fit everything into the maximum of 64 cargo types.
Sounds like it's about time that limit went up! 128 cargo types anyone? Would it really be that hard?
I love complex economies!

Pete.
There's nothing like a deadline to hone the concentration.

Good manners cost nothing, but earn respect.

" 'Impossible' is not in our vocabulary." Jack Chrichton, Farscape
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I have downloaded the game scenario. Now I see that there is AXIS, Beach as industry and Plaza as industry. Should I expect problems, or is there some reserve at Axis for these two extra factories? Personally, I preferred not to start the game with AXIS like this yet.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

AXIS maxes out the cargo limit of 64 but doesn't come close to the industry limit, which is per GRF anyway. None of those extra industry sets add any cargo types so it's nothing to worry about.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Thanks for the reply. I thought so, but still asked just to be sure.
By the way, I've reported here that I have lag in games with AXIS, so I'll just clarify that it's probably only games with experimental features running. I still have no idea what this is by the way - is it even functional in the alpha version?
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

I have no idea what that does, myself. I think I'll just delete the parameter :P
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I accidentally forgot about ECS Houses in the next game, I was always under the impression that it was more of an add-on, so just houses to receive cargo. how is it here I get the impression that for some reason andythenorth put it under incompatible graphics.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

ECS Houses is part of the family of ECS Vector industry sets, thus the reason Andy blocked FIRS from being loaded with it.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Yes, I know, but I've also used it on its own, much like Garry's current houses accepting various goods. Andy blocked it only with the arrival of FIRS version 4.
When Axis came out I wanted to try it out and I happened to have played a game with ECS before. I did remove that, but I didn't realize I still had ECS Houses among the building sets. :lol:
And since it's based on Firs 4, I was quite surprised that it works so far.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I ran into a problem and I'm not sure if this is already the case in XIS, but I don't think so.
In inland scenarios where there is no sea or lake, or they are only created with the river builder tool, no fishing grounds will be created.... Or just a few in places where the river is really very wide.
It would help if the game announced what space the industry needs when trying to get funding.
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

Argus wrote: 11 Sep 2023 16:05 I ran into a problem and I'm not sure if this is already the case in XIS, but I don't think so.
In inland scenarios where there is no sea or lake, or they are only created with the river builder tool, no fishing grounds will be created.... Or just a few in places where the river is really very wide.
It would help if the game announced what space the industry needs when trying to get funding.
I played around with XIS 0.6.2 in the scenario editor a bit and came across a couple of conditions that have to be met in order to fund a fishing ground:

:arrow: Did you set the parameter of the NewGRF "Maximum coastal distance of marine industries in tiles" to "unlimited"?
:arrow: Did you set the global game parameter ""Allow multiple similar industries per town" to "on"?

Furthermore, it seems like the "fishing ground" industry can only be funded a certain distance from a town. For example, I have a map with four towns, two in the center of a 512x512 map and two in the far corners, with some tiles of sea, lake, and channel in the center - then I can only build two fishing grounds and an error message appears "Can't build fishing grounds here - only one allowed per town"

However, when I fund another city nearby the water then I can build the fishing ground.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Thanks for the insights, I'll try to play with that as well. :)
AdmiralEllis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AdmiralEllis »

I'm playing with AXIS, Improved Town Layouts, and the Think Globally, Act Locally gamescript and I think it's the latter that's the issue but it doesn't seem to recognize the food that I deliver to towns as food. I made a post over there as well (viewtopic.php?t=77335&start=20) but I wanted to put the flag up here as well since TGAL looks at a whole bunch of commodities.

Return to “Graphics Development”