Improved Town Industries

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kamnet

Re: Improved Town Industries

Post by kamnet »

erazortt wrote: 15 Dec 2023 20:46 Now what bugs me a lot, is that both v1 of ITI and ITL are not available anymore. So, I compiled the very last commit of both from github myself and use them like that, but wouldn't it be possible to handle this like FIRS does, and also have the old versions still available?
Nah, you won't get roasted. If 2TallTyler still has the source code I'm sure he'll be happy to provide a copy.
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

No crucifiction required. ;)

I have no issues with people playing the older version. But it was my first industry set and had some oddities and bugs (v2 has more of both, naturally :roll: ), chief of which was requiring an older version of ITL. I didn't want to figure that out, so I just replaced it.

With that said, you are not the first person to request it. So I pulled the last release of version 1, merged it with the ITL Houses release at that time, and released it as ITI Classic, on Bananas or here: https://github.com/2TallTyler/iti-classic

It's not really supported, but let me know if there are any glaring bugs and I'll fix them. (I'll also accept PRs to clean stuff up, if anyone is so inclined.)

Merry Christmas, everyone. :)
erazortt
Engineer
Engineer

Post by erazortt »

2TallTyler wrote: 18 Dec 2023 02:17 So I pulled the last release of version 1, merged it with the ITL Houses release at that time, and released it as ITI Classic, on Bananas or here: https://github.com/2TallTyler/iti-classic
Awesome, great! Thanks a lot!
chujo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chujo »

Thank you, I've been cherishing my copy of the older version, good to know it's safe and sound in the bosom of Bananas.
It's a shame that older versions of newgrfs aren't available for download.
thatsjustit
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thatsjustit »

I've been trying to play with this but I get an error message upon world gen. "The NewGRF "Improved Town Industries 2.9" has returned a fatal error: Unknown Action 0 property 0x1E (sprite 918)"

Also, Renewed Village Growth gives an error message as well when both are turned on. But that may be because of the error message for ITI
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

It needs the OpenTTD 14 beta.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
thatsjustit
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thatsjustit »

That did the trick, thank you!
thatsjustit
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thatsjustit »

I get this error window popping up if I try to open the industry chain for either the Steel Mill or the Building Materials Factory. But every other industry chain opens just fine. When the error pops up, the game either becomes unresponsive, or the game screen turns black, and I can't close the game or the error window without using the task manager to kill the operation Image
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

thatsjustit wrote: 16 Feb 2024 04:14 I get this error window popping up
What version number of ITI are you using, and what version number of OpenTTD are you using?
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

thatsjustit wrote: 16 Feb 2024 04:14 I get this error window popping up if I try to open the industry chain for either the Steel Mill or the Building Materials Factory. But every other industry chain opens just fine. When the error pops up, the game either becomes unresponsive, or the game screen turns black, and I can't close the game or the error window without using the task manager to kill the operation Image
Ah yes, that's a bug present in the OpenTTD beta. I think you might need a nightly at the moment until the next beta/rc is released. Sorry!
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
thatsjustit
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thatsjustit »

kamnet wrote: 16 Feb 2024 07:15
thatsjustit wrote: 16 Feb 2024 04:14 I get this error window popping up
What version number of ITI are you using, and what version number of OpenTTD are you using?
2.9 and 14.0-beta3

Return to “Graphics Releases”