Thanks for review! I want to emphasise, that I'm not a original author, it is just remake of James work.
Some issues were fixed, v.6 is here: http://openttd-polska.pl/attachment.php?aid=1069
The most important change is, that there are now following modes of town growth:
1. below 5k citizens, pass+mail must be fulfilled to enable typical openttd mode of growht,
above 5k, growth depend on pass, mail and consumer goods have impact on town growth rate (the lattero nes with higher weight), above 10k additionally industry goods must to be delivered
(it is still possible to grow without these but much harder).
How the transported percentage is calculated?
It was not calculated properly, it is fixed now.
2. Economy mood have no impact on small towns (currently I even removed this feature). Shrinking occurs when one building is replaced by another smaller (or in construction stage), it is openttd feature.
BTW, this script protect small towns, if town is below 35, it will regrow itself.
3. I prefer general categories in contrary to specific cargo, which can be or cannot be accepted.
4. in case of larger towns (above 5k), growth speed is now calculated as an average of current and previous growth value, it should give more smooth model.
5. No idea how to handle this, but maybe it can be done by creating some subsidies from/to given town and checking if they are fulfilled?
6. Original script had hard limit of served industry limit. Feature with economy depend on game years is for give possibility of creating additional industries short after start of the game. It is just easier to fulfil requirements at the start, but don't mind if you can't - requirement is not scaled linearly, but asymptotically to the number defined by script settings.
7. Good idea. Some kind of average town population.
My experimental openTTD server: 126.96.36.199:3979 non-standard client, now testing: JGRPP http://tiny.pl/ggnch
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch
, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, preindustrial houses, wired, ECS industry extension.
Addicted to freeciv longturn.