ECS extension set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

ECS extension set

Post by Wahazar »

I decided to make small industry add-on for ECS set.
In my opinion, the most vulnerable part of ECS are vehicle and petrol chain, because they rely on special town houses.
Not only special town replacement is needed, but unlike normal town houses (which accept pass, mail and goods 'en masse' without problems),
special houses (for example petrol stations) are rare and are migrating to suburbs when town is growing.
Such issue force player to constantly update stations to keep their accept scope, it is especially not trivial in case of multiplayer game, when player is absent (not counting potential griefing by bombing these houses).
Other problems are, that many players are not aware, that vehicles can be transported to tows, and they try tu push them to mines etc, which fills stockpile quickly and provoke misappropriate complains.

My set is attempt to fix these problems, and provide 3 new 'blackhole' industry: workshop (garages) for vehicles and gasoline, petrol station for gasoline and car dealer for vehicles. These industries must replace houses and have some restrictions (workshop and petrol stations must have at least one road section along SE edge, car dealer need 4 house tiles, industries cannot be clustered).
Workshop (can be placed in towns above 500 inhabitants) are available from 1900, since petrol station and car dealer (only in large towns) from 1960 and 1970 respectively.

To keep ECS style on, stockpiles are provided. Workshop have smaller stockpile than modern ones.
Additionally, cargo consumption rate depends on town size, for example low for town below 200 houses and high for town above 400 houses.
I reused some sprites from TTRS4, Polish building set and ISR.
With transparency turned on, background signs are visible, but there are different that ones provided by TTRS, to avoid confusion:
transparent mode, blue/white road sings visible
transparent mode, blue/white road sings visible
transparent.png (156.49 KiB) Viewed 7388 times
Facility layout vary with snow line and cargo amount stockpiled.
There are at least 3 layout types: without cargo, with some cargo and with overloaded stockpile, therefore there is no need to check industry window to see its behaviour:
more cars (or barrels in case of workshop)  - more vehicles or petrol stockpile
more cars (or barrels in case of workshop) - more vehicles or petrol stockpile
normal.png (163.26 KiB) Viewed 7388 times
Update: Version 0.5 with is available online: http://binaries.openttd.org/bananas/new ... 0.5.tar.gz
and source is hosted by http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/ecs ... -extension
Last edited by Wahazar on 29 Oct 2015 11:49, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: ECS extension set

Post by GarryG »

I like what you done. I tried it with the new Auzind set I making to see what looks like.

Good to have more places to send Petrol. I don't have vehicle cargos in my set, but petrol goes to the Workshop and Petrol Station no problem.

Like the graphics of the petrol station.
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

GarryG wrote:I don't have vehicle cargos in my set, but petrol goes to the Workshop and Petrol Station no problem.
Version 0.5 have option for ENSP acceptance for Car Dealer, if defined, for example in case of FIRS (but it won't work for SPI).
Additionally, car dealer tiles have increased fraction of goods acceptance, therefore can be use to replace houses which are not accepting goods
(to save station acceptance if town is spammed with fountains etc).

I decided also to add water tower industry. Graphics are based on TTRS4 set, but differ slightly.
Water tower price is very high in comparison to other facilities, because water chain link is very simply (and all these town water pipes must to be build virtually).

I have no plans to add hotels. TTRS/ECS houses hotels work very well and there is no need to fix it, in my opinion.
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

I fixed production bug in new version (0.7) of ECS extension set (now town facilities consumption depend on town size).

New industry is available - tar kiln (not sure if it is proper name).
It is primitive wood burner, where charcoal and tars are obtained by means of slow wood pyrolysis:
http://www.encyklopedia.puszcza-bialowi ... a/3578.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... Majdan.JPG
http://bieszczadersi.pl/data/place_head ... os/121.jpg

Such facility fix some ECS problems:
- can be used as additional acceptor of wood, if sawmill is overloaded,
- can be used as alternative source of refined products (it is hard to set up oil-rfpr-dyes chain, and once it run, produces usually too much dyes)
- can be used as renewable backup source of coal for furnaces - of course it cannot supply enough coal to maintain full production, but at least can protect for while against total collapse of steel or glass chain, if coal mine is exhausted.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

New 1.3 version is available, with new translations and features: bulk terminal and trade port.

Bulk Terminal accept cereals and coal, and give iron ore and steel as reward (if there is large stockpile accumulated). Additionally it accept building materials.

Trade Port accept goods and give fish as reward. Additionally it accept and generate passengers.
Important note: Trade Port works like oil rig (but can be placed near shore).
It means, that any cargo transferred to Trade Port station (intentionally or due to cargodist function)
can be taken by another player (which takes all money from delivery).
It is a real trade port - you can make deals with other players - exchange/buy/sell goods after agreement.
railman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railman »

Hi! I like this extension set, this is a nice job McZapkie. The tar Kiln this tiny industry is very interesting. I observed that only the one kiln is active, the other one is inactive, and I think its a good idea to activated if you want, if the production is very big (may after delivery of lot of wood). An another idea is to do the wood storage capacity bigger, 5000t is not to much.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Because ECS 1.2 have building materials, and I encountered some game scripts deadlocks (script need BDMT for town growth, but town have no buildings with BDMT acceptance yet and is stalled), I added BDMT storage town type industry. I used graphics from ISR and DWE set.
It is working similar to car dealer, petrol station and water tower - stockpile consumption depend on city size.

Current ECS extension have now possibility to supply all ECS town cargo (except gold/valuables, which are simple and not ruining whole game in case of failure) regardless of town layout, removing annoying problem with facilities vanishing during town growth.
railman wrote:An another idea is to do the wood storage capacity bigger, 5000t is not to much.
It is done by design, tar kiln is cheap but small supplementary industry and you can build it by yourself, for example close to station near sawmill, it would eat initial wood load, and any surplus will be consumed by sawmill. Main purpose was to produce small amounts of refined products, without running whole massive oil industry (for example to get some dyes but avoid dyes acceptance problem).
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Version 1.6 offer food sinkhole: shopping center town type industry with food stockpile consumption depending on town size.
It help to solve problems with lack of town food acceptance when ECS is running with temperate or tropical climate,
but even with arctic climate this facility can be useful for increasing goods acceptance (it accepts 4/8 GOOD, if placed instead of 4 small houses or parks, it can enable delivering goods to the town together with some large houses).
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

New version is released, there are some cargo payment tweaks (with improved ratings enabled, raw cargoes have low payment, but more flatten curve and station ratings less depended on service frequency and cargo amount waiting.
Additionally, vehicle speed is not affecting station ratings for raw cargoes (therefore it is safe to use faster vehicles without risk of unexpected mine closure).

I added new type of 'industry', hamlet (farmstead), based on these from manpower newgrf.
It produce small amount of food (or cereals in case of temperate climate) if passengers are being feed. Can be used for initial development of the town. Farmstead would be closed if located within town range (similar to ECS farms and forests).
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

New version uploaded. I fixed some issues, now this grf is more compatible not only with ECS, but also can be used with new versions of FIRS.
sevenfm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sevenfm »

Russian translation (russian.lng file):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxq8esc1bfvi3 ... an.7z?dl=0

I wanted to use water industry from this set with SPI 1.32, but it seems not compatible - water tower created but there is no water cargo so it's useless.
I like trains. They are soothing.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

sevenfm wrote:Russian translation (russian.lng file):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxq8esc1bfvi3 ... an.7z?dl=0

I wanted to use water industry from this set with SPI 1.32, but it seems not compatible - water tower created but there is no water cargo so it's useless.
There is no water in SPI/FIRS, so watertowers cannot work. I can disable them if there is no water defined. There is no room to define additional cargo such water in FIRS economy.
sevenfm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sevenfm »

I have a suggestion: add a small town industry "Hotel" that accepts passengers and produces tourists, production may depend on town size, with limit 1 per town. Should be useful for house sets that don't produce tourists. Thank you!
alexboyland
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alexboyland »

HI!!. Im having trouble. I installed all the ECS and this one at end of the list.
However during the game I couldnt place the Shoppign Center, Bulk Terminal and Trade Port. The other industries work well.
Can u explain me which are the conditions to place both facilities? (eg distance tu town center, distance to water, distance to end of map, replace houses, etc)
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Bulk terminal must be placed on a straight coast.
Shopping center must be placed in a 2x2 area in a city.
For Trade Port, what is this industry ? It's not in ECSext.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Trade port must be placed on water, adjacent to shore. It works similar to oil rig, and can be used to swapping passengers between players.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Oh wait, i thought this industry was part of ECS Agricultural Vector. Now i see, it's the industry requiring passengers and goods, to produce passengers and fish, huh ?
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

acs121 wrote:Oh wait, i thought this industry was part of ECS Agricultural Vector. Now i see, it's the industry requiring passengers and goods, to produce passengers and fish, huh ?
Yes. Some kind of fishing port, but designed as ship/helicopter station which can be shared (just in case of multiplayer, when players need to make deal and interchange cargo).

ECS extension set is my own set, which add some industries to original ECS vectors.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Also, if industries with neutral docks / helipads exist, is it possible then to make industries with an integrated neutral bus stop / loading bay ? I think it isn't possible for railways because InfraSharing hasn't been implemented yet into trunk, and that would then cause huge problems.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

acs121 wrote:Also, if industries with neutral docks / helipads exist, is it possible then to make industries with an integrated neutral bus stop / loading bay ?
No, it is not possible for trunk/stable version.

Return to “Graphics Development”