JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mnhg
Engineer
Engineer

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by mnhg »

After a larger break, I'm back playing OpenTTD and I was kind of surprised about the length of the patch list of this pack. I'm aware that most features will never make it into the main line, due to maintenance effort, risk or simply politics. Nevertheless, in the list of patches there are many items that sound like bug fixes (or minor stuff suitable for the main line)? Is there any ongoing effort to get this into the official OpenTTD version? (I only read some pages back, sorry in case I missed a recent answer or comment on this topic.)
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

mnhg wrote: 01 Mar 2024 10:51 Is there any ongoing effort to get this into the official OpenTTD version? (I only read some pages back, sorry in case I missed a recent answer or comment on this topic.)
JGR is also a contributor to vanilla, and there's a continuous and positive conversation between JGR and the other contributors about what else might (or might not) be suitable for porting to vanilla :)

Most of it happens in the official Discord https://discord.com/channels/1427241115 ... 3844097104

Which is also bridged to irc if you are Discord-averse for any reason: https://wiki.openttd.org/en/Development/IRC%20channel

Historically the causes for not porting features or fixes are exactly the ones you listed, with 'time' and 'suitability' being perhaps the two most significant :D
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

The reasoning for the latest signal cycle change can be found in this PR: https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/pull/11798

Believe it or not, some contributors (not "they" or "the devs" :wink: ) do listen to player feedback and iterate to find the best solution. :)

For what it's worth, I find it quicker to place path signals and convert them to one-way path signals or go "around the bend" to block signals, since it's one less click to determine the proper direction than with two-way block signals. This is assuming the use of Ctrl+Drag to autofill block signals along the railway line, so I manually place about the same number of block and path signals with the rest being autofilled.
mnhg
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mnhg »

@andythenorth

Thanks, for the short summary.
Walter Novotny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Walter Novotny »

After changing the game version to 0.58.0, the trains do not want to leave the depot to follow their timetable. Previously, they ran according to a timetable. Please help me what should I do to fix this situation.
Ost-West-Eisenbahngesellschaft, 19-08-1837.sav
(10.15 MiB) Downloaded 37 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Walter Novotny wrote: 02 Mar 2024 19:49 After changing the game version to 0.58.0, the trains do not want to leave the depot to follow their timetable. Previously, they ran according to a timetable. Please help me what should I do to fix this situation.
Ost-West-Eisenbahngesellschaft, 19-08-1837.sav
You can update to 0.58.1 to resolve this. You may need to manually nudge vehicles which are stuck waiting after loading, but this should not re-occur afterwards.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

So this might be a glitch, or it might be an issue with boat pathfinding, as I know it can be intensive to figure boats out, given they have so many different tiles to choose from each time & tile.

If you, from the group window try to send all on the same boat route to a depot (and sell), only those that are near to a depot will actually be sent. Any that aren't near a depot will entirely ignore the order, with no error message produced to warn you about why.
Not sure if this can be resolved, given the pathfinding needs around boats?
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
DDRJake
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DDRJake »

With the release of OpenTTD 14.0, is there an upcoming JGR update to match with it or do they work together as-is?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

DDRJake wrote: 14 Apr 2024 21:48 With the release of OpenTTD 14.0, is there an upcoming JGR update to match with it or do they work together as-is?
JGRPP was already ahead of OpenTTD 14 in implementing new features and fixes.
Quinch
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Quinch »

Not sure if bug - if a vehicle's order takes it to the same station via a conditional order, it ignores the "remain in station" setting.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-04-16 112902.png
Screenshot 2024-04-16 112902.png (84.33 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
Screenshot 2024-04-16 114029.png
Screenshot 2024-04-16 114029.png (165.21 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Quinch wrote: 16 Apr 2024 17:40 Not sure if bug - if a vehicle's order takes it to the same station via a conditional order, it ignores the "remain in station" setting.
Are you sure that that conditional order is correct?
Given that the vehicle is currently at order 4, the conditional jump can be surmised to be not taken.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

Hi JGR, 🙏

is there a possibility to:
  • add an option to set in which town zones there will be trees along the roads ?
  • add an option to spread the waypoint placing...? now it's only 1 piece ...
    img-2024-04-16-22-14-19.png
    img-2024-04-16-22-14-19.png (24.69 KiB) Viewed 1317 times
eboss128
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eboss128 »

Hello!
I am a fairly experinced player who is looking to get into the patch game. I recently downloaded the patch and used it for an ejoyable couple of hours. The, i saved and quit without much thought. Today, i looked to re open the game, and it did not seem to work. It said "missing graphics, would you like to download?." I said yes, and it downloaded but then freezes. Tried muitple times and it still does the same thing. Help please (it has corrupted of of my regular saves).
maxucao
Engineer
Engineer

Post by maxucao »

Hi! I download this but got an issue with the Ai
In official Game the ai run great but here always bankrupt
I tried different ais, newgrf
They always get all loan available and due to infraestructure maintenance dont get loan paid
They only last two years
Any configuration or option or ai that You recommend? Thanks
Quinch
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Quinch »

JGR wrote: 16 Apr 2024 17:47
Quinch wrote: 16 Apr 2024 17:40 Not sure if bug - if a vehicle's order takes it to the same station via a conditional order, it ignores the "remain in station" setting.
Given that the vehicle is currently at order 4, the conditional jump can be surmised to be not taken.
Yep, the station dipped below the condition threshold when I took the screenshot - here's a video instead.
Attachments
OpenTTD jgrpp-0.58.1 2024-04-17 07-31-45.mp4
(4.85 MiB) Downloaded 24 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Quinch wrote: 17 Apr 2024 13:37
JGR wrote: 16 Apr 2024 17:47
Yep, the station dipped below the condition threshold when I took the screenshot - here's a video instead.
If you're using 0.58.1 or earlier, this is likely fixed already.
If not, can you upload a savegame.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Quinch
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Quinch »

JGR wrote: 18 Apr 2024 16:24 If you're using 0.58.1 or earlier, this is likely fixed already.
If not, can you upload a savegame.
Ah, 58.1 it was. Thanks!
maxucao
Engineer
Engineer

Post by maxucao »

Hi! any tips or configuration for the AIs not going bankrupt?? I use several Ais and all of them going to bankrupt after some time
i notice all of them get the max loan and start to build things...
i use nonocab,aaahoex,aiai,dictator,terron,bork and all do the same, max loan and bankrupt
use the ECS industry,modified building cost
and in configuration turn on infraestructure maintenance costs, calendar time and monthly scalation
some idea of what could be??
in the vanilla game doesnt happen
or if someone could send me they conf file of the game im really appreciate it
thanks
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

maxucao wrote: 20 Apr 2024 07:51 use the ECS industry,modified building cost
and in configuration turn on infraestructure maintenance costs, calendar time and monthly scalation
it could be any one of these will confuse the hell out of the AI. like ECS' complicated economic structure, or excessive maintenance costs.

there's no solution to this. you're just making the game too difficult for the AI to act within its limited understanding of the world.
Chillluca
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Chillluca »

Has anybody ever tried to compile OpenTTD JGRPP for Linux on ARM processor?
Like for use on a ARM/MediaTek Chromebook with Linux in a VM or on Android Tablet using Linux in UserLAnd VM (Debian/Ubuntu or else).
Thanx in advance.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”