I've done a REAL thing - I've only coded a chuffing train! (it doesn't chuff, though).
After the various BR Set meltdowns over the years, I am in possession of a repository of sprites which are also available in a couple of places online.
I've taken my favourite Class 153 and used it to learn how to code with NML.I attach an Alpha grf with:
A Class 153 in Regional Railways livery (its original colours)
I'm NOT going to put it on Bananas JUST YET. But it will go on.
class153-rr.png [ 99.27 KiB | Viewed 5596 times ]
- I have given it 36 passengers - 1/2 of the real life capacity. This is the only game balancing I have attempted (and will do the same for any further British stuff I do).
- Lights work correctly (white headlights, red tail lights)There are the following issues:
- The purchase and running costs are NOT aligned with any set, including the default.I would like to add:
- Livery refits to match the colours 153s have held since the end of British Rail.
- More balanced costs.I have made the following assumptions about the sprites:
- As per all the work which was drawn for the BR Set, BROS, etc, I have assumed a GPL v2 License exists on the sprites.
- Even if it does not, I've taken the liberty of coding the sprites anyway - I imagine there'll be very few objections to this.
- I am not getting into a copyright argument - considering the number of sprites floating around the forum "awaiting a coder" I'd hope this was welcomed!Most importantly:
The sprites in the repository were not identified by artist. As such I've used a pseudonym: Brian Robert Sett (B. R. Sett)
as the graphical artist. I intend to do this for any of the BR Set stuff I eventually come round to code. If you can show me that you or someone else did the graphical work, I will change the credits to reflect that.
scuds.grf [2.45 KiB]
Downloaded 138 times
_________________Official TT-Dave Fan Club
Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...