[OTTD] Emperor Jake's Worlds - NetTrans - Tiger Island

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [OTTD] Emperor Jake's Worlds - NetTrans - Tiger Island

Post by orudge »

I think imgur may be blocking the image proxy we're using. I modified some of your posts to use https://i.imgur.com/etc instead, which works, so I've made a change to our image proxy extension to rewrite imgur URLs as secure. So in other words, it should all be working now. :)
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Emperor Jake's Worlds - NetTrans - Tiger Island

Post by Emperor Jake »

Ah it works again, thanks very much :)

Back in the world of NetTrans, disaster strikes after loading the game in a newer version of OpenTTD. A recent-ish change by the devs results in map edge tiles flooding, which flooded a section of sunken freight line near Puke Party, resulting in the destruction of one of NetTrans's venerable fleet of EF64F4 locomotives. This example, EF6 204 "Todd Howard" was over 2,200 years old at the time. Although quick efforts by the signalmen resulted in the saving of two other trains, one of which was temporarily stranded in a tunnel, EF6 204's awkward position made it unable to escape to the high ground in time.

image.png
EF6 204 was reversing out of the flood zone but couldn't make it in time.
(409.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet
This is the second time a decision made by the developer overlords has resulted in death and destruction in the world of NetTrans, the first being several plane crashes caused by large aircraft landing at small airports even though plane crashes were disabled.

In the absence of a spare EF6 class to replace the destroyed EF6 204, a spare TRAXX, NS1 863, was pressed into service to replace it and named "In Memory of Todd Howard". Meanwhile, a previously unnamed EF64F4 operating on the same route, EF6 656, was renamed "Todd Howard 2".
NS1 863 travelling along the repaired corridor secured with new sea walls.
NS1 863 travelling along the repaired corridor secured with new sea walls.
Screen Shot 2023-09-26 at 11.26.52 pm.png (283.48 KiB) Viewed 2016 times
NS1 863 travelling along the repaired corridor secured with new sea walls. Also note the new innovation of putting signals in tunnels, negating the need for the previous quadruple tunnel section once required to maintain throughput.

Return to “Screenshots”