Timetable

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

fumantsu
Engineer
Engineer

Timetable

Post by fumantsu »

I try in these last games I play the timetable feature. I want to ask, if the train/but make less time to travel than the recorded will slow down just to catch the time?
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Timetable

Post by Transportman »

Vehicles will wait at the next stop until they are back at their timetable. So they wait longer when arriving early, and (try to) wait shorter when arriving late.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
fumantsu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by fumantsu »

I imaging that they try to leave earlier in a case that the station has less cargo than the maximum capacity
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

they will fully unload and load everything that is available, if then the vehicle is behind its schedule, it leaves immediately, otherwise it waits (and loads later appearing cargo) till the timetable catches up
fumantsu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by fumantsu »

one more question. In a case that a stay in full station has been counted as 5 days (vehicle is also full from previous station). If I change the stay to 2 or 1 (probably less time for full unloading) what exactly happens in this case?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

it will be 3 or 4 days late when it leaves the station... it will not interrupt unloading/loading

Return to “General OpenTTD”