Yet Another Patch Pack based on YACD

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Yet Another Patch Pack based on YACD

Post by Trond »

Much much better :D wow :bow:
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
TERdON
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TERdON »

ipsirc wrote: I haven't noticed this type of bug - can you tell me more details or savegame? (please use the new v2.99)
Haven't been able to try the very latest version but made a screenie of my existing game so it is properly explained - the issue is the circled numbers not adding up as I would expect them to.
Attachments
Island Frakt AB, 1737-07-20.png
Island Frakt AB, 1737-07-20.png (71.02 KiB) Viewed 4477 times
stb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by stb »

Hi everyone!

I think it's not related to this great pack but YACD rather (or Neighbours important script?).

In my game I have 2 cities (CA and CB) connected to their own neighbour towns (TAs and TBs) with railways.
These 2 networks are linked up with plane routes via airports located at above 2 main cities.
The scenario I expected is that a passenger from some town TA to reach some town TB, goes through
these transfers:
1. local TA bus to TA railway station
2. train to main city CA
3. some inner CA bus route to get from CA's railway station to some shuttle stop
4. airport shuttle bus to CA's airport
5. plane to CB
6. above steps from 4 to 1 but for CB and TB

And that doesn't work well :(
I don't see passengers from the towns waiting at the airports and the town windows also show
0 passengers out for the last month though there're some, not small, demands. Sometimes some towns send
a few passengers but other towns don't see airports/plane routes absolutely.
It seems the only right way is to build an airport for every town?

Any ideas?

P.S. If someone is interested in this problem, here screenshots:
route links -
routes.png
(685.42 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
pax statistics -
jan.png
(677.54 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
after 2 months -
mar.png
(209.24 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
CA supplies flights to both CB and CX where CX is a city without neighbour towns.
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by 3298 »

stb:
YACD has a bunch of pathfinder parameters. To change them in a running game, you will need to use the in-game console, the openttd.cfg file only affects new games. The pf.yapf.route_max_transfers parameter is probably the culprit in your case. It specifies the maximum for how many times cargo wants to transfer. Its default is 5 for performance reasons (no, I didn't change it to that; michi_cc thought of that default value), you want your passengers to transfer up to 8 times.
Open the in-game console (from the menu in the rightmost toolbar button or with the key to the left of your "1" key), type "set pf.yapf.route_max_transfers 8" without quotes. Then you can close the console again (works just like opening). Newly generated passengers should be more tolerant wrt. transfers.

TERdON:
I think there are some issues between YACD and Daylength. I believe I know the YACD code well enough, and I haven't seen that issue during testing. Did you change your daylength?
huub007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by huub007 »

Can you add extra large maps in the pack?
huub007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by huub007 »

When I try to play a scenario on this pack, it says it has an unvalid chunk size, can anyone help me?
DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

huub007 wrote:Can you add extra large maps in the pack?
When I try to play a scenario on this pack, it says it has an unvalid chunk size, can anyone help me?
Large maps will arrive with next release, and no; sorry: YAPP is only compatible with itself.
huub007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by huub007 »

Too bad, I want to play the on the carstworldscenario map with the huge airports, becaue my intercontinentinal airports get overloaded, does anyone know a patchpack wich is compatible with scenarios and has both huge airports and large maps
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

huub007 wrote:Too bad, I want to play the on the carstworldscenario map with the huge airports, becaue my intercontinentinal airports get overloaded, does anyone know a patchpack wich is compatible with scenarios and has both huge airports and large maps
You can load the scenario in stable OTTD scenario editor and select "save heightmap" under the save menu, then you can play that heightmap in the patchpack.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

huub007 wrote:Too bad, I want to play the on the carstworldscenario map with the huge airports, becaue my intercontinentinal airports get overloaded, does anyone know a patchpack wich is compatible with scenarios and has both huge airports and large maps
Patched versions of OpenTTD produce save game and scenario files that are only compatible with the patched OpenTTD version that created it. Thankfully, in this case, the patched version of OpenTTD that created this file ONLY contained the extra-large-maps patch. Other patch packs that use this should be able to open it.

I have tested this file with the Spring 2013 Patch Pack v1.7.87 and was able to open and play the scenario without any crashes or unusual behavior for the time I tested.
Dudok22
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dudok22 »

I tried the latest version after I played 2.71 and I noticed that with day length 5 the trains break down much more often - as if day length was set to 1. In 2.71 it was scaled to the day length - I think. It would be nice to have vehicle break down rate settings apart from 3 default: Full, Occasional , none.
DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

Dudok22 wrote:I tried the latest version after I played 2.71 and I noticed that with day length 5 the trains break down much more often - as if day length was set to 1. In 2.71 it was scaled to the day length - I think. It would be nice to have vehicle break down rate settings apart from 3 default: Full, Occasional , none.
Toggle Settings > Economy > Day length > Slow down vehicle reliability drop down .
Personally I always disable breakdowns, but hmm... if you like it... then it's not too difficult to increase the chance. :twisted: Do you prefer a chance multiplier in settings?
huub007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by huub007 »

kamnet wrote:
Patched versions of OpenTTD produce save game and scenario files that are only compatible with the patched OpenTTD version that created it. Thankfully, in this case, the patched version of OpenTTD that created this file ONLY contained the extra-large-maps patch. Other patch packs that use this should be able to open it.

I have tested this file with the Spring 2013 Patch Pack v1.7.87 and was able to open and play the scenario without any crashes or unusual behavior for the time I tested.
Thanks, I didn't know about this pack, but it works, like you said with HA and large maps.
Dudok22
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dudok22 »

ipsirc wrote:
Dudok22 wrote:I tried the latest version after I played 2.71 and I noticed that with day length 5 the trains break down much more often - as if day length was set to 1. In 2.71 it was scaled to the day length - I think. It would be nice to have vehicle break down rate settings apart from 3 default: Full, Occasional , none.
Toggle Settings > Economy > Day length > Slow down vehicle reliability drop down .
Personally I always disable breakdowns, but hmm... if you like it... then it's not too difficult to increase the chance. :twisted: Do you prefer a chance multiplier in settings?
Yes! I like to play without breakdowns too but sometimes I want breakdowns with low chance of happening.
TERdON
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TERdON »

3298 wrote:TERdON:
I think there are some issues between YACD and Daylength. I believe I know the YACD code well enough, and I haven't seen that issue during testing. Did you change your daylength?
Yes I did. Factor 5. As it is only cosmetical, I don't really mind that much, but I expected it still to be good to know for you.
d0mi3l
Engineer
Engineer

Post by d0mi3l »

What about more than 64 NewGRFs in single player?
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

I just tried to use v2.99 (was using 2.9) and the savegames wasnt compatible :( So I uninstalled 2.99 because I just have to play the game to the end now, hehe :) Just fyi, and if anyone else wonders...

Will be using newest version, 2.99 or newer for my next game :) We need a new one for the smaller stationwindows you know ;)

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

Hai!

New release of my humble patchpack: v3.0RC2 - very close to say stable ;->
I've removed 2 patches (leasing+vtcpm) which caused a lot desyncs in multiplayer, aaaaaaaand: it's now COMPATIBLE with all savegames and scenarios up to openttd version 1.3.2! The bad news: it's not compatible with itself version v2.99, but i'm trying to stay compatible with the newer versions.
Template based vehicle replace was added, so you can save a large amount of time when upgrading/changing trains.
Show destinations of cargoes in detailed window of all types of vehicles: road vehicles, ships, airplanes. Trains had already got this feature. (thx to BoyC who helped me coding this)
Helicopter with passengers
Helicopter with passengers
air-cargo.png (9.1 KiB) Viewed 3931 times
Wider rivers when generating map - be more realistic.
Industry filter for users who likes large maps with lot of industry.
huub007 wrote:Can you add extra large maps in the pack?
Yes, it was added. Try it! 8)
huub007 wrote:When I try to play a scenario on this pack, it says it has an unvalid chunk size, can anyone help me?
Problem solved, be happy! :D
d0mi3l wrote:What about more than 64 NewGRFs in single player?
Done :)
TERdON wrote:Finally: the information in the city information is not correct
Sorry, i'll working on it. Now it's still incorrect. :( It's only cosmetical.
Trond wrote:I'm guessing its YACD that makes my stationwindows wider because of the Depature tag in the bottom... I would like to turn of that and get the window back to normal width, but I just cant find any setting to do so....
Departureboard has been moved to top-right corner of the station window.

That's all, folks. :wink:
Last edited by DC-1 on 13 Nov 2013 14:22, edited 2 times in total.
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Sounds mighty interesting :) I'll download and try this when I'm done with my current game. Thanks for making this patch, extra daylenght is the numero uno :)

Wider rivers sounds nice!

One thing I wonder about, what exactly does the ticks pr. hour do? Can I have daylengt as 1 and change the ticks to get longer days? Will the industries produce more pr. month like with daylenght 2+? I dont understand this at all... :/

Bertrand Russell

DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

Trond wrote:Sounds mighty interesting :) I'll download and try this when I'm done with my current game. Thanks for making this patch, extra daylenght is the numero uno :)

Wider rivers sounds nice!

One thing I wonder about, what exactly does the ticks pr. hour do? Can I have daylengt as 1 and change the ticks to get longer days? Will the industries produce more pr. month like with daylenght 2+? I dont understand this at all... :/
First: thanx! :wink:

Ticks per minute (not hour) only an eyecandy. It's not affect the gameplay, it's only for displaying minutes in status bar and timetables. For example I like to play with realistic heightmaps based on real world, and I set the ticks/minute to match the real time of the travel. Only for realistic departureboards.
Industry cargo production and town cargo production are individual settings in day length submenu - these affect the gameplay; you can slow down the production...or not.

Wider rivers is made for players who like to transport on water - like me. 1 tile wide rivers can be boring after couples of hours. :)

Return to “OpenTTD Development”