Yet Another Patch Pack based on YACD

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

huub007
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Yet Another Patch Pack based on YACD

Post by huub007 »

ipsirc wrote:
huub007 wrote:My airports dont get any waiting passengers, even when set the destination mode to original
Idk, maybe it's because I play a scenario not created with YACD
Could you attach a savegame?
It shouldn't be a problem. YAPP is backward compatible now. :)
Okay, link:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23858555 ... xample.rar
DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

403 Forbidden.
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Gee, this is embarrasing, but I know why airports didnt work for me when I tested it... I didnt buy a plane, so the passengers didnt come... just like with other cargo, the passengers doesnt come untill there have been a plane there to pick them up... Did you have a plane going to your airport huub007?

Cant believe I forgot that, thats what you get for only using trains :p

So, it works fine with airports, and again, sorry for that :/
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
huub007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by huub007 »

I had planes flying to the airports
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

I downloaded the map, but the 2 grf's you use are nowhere to be found. Not on bananas nor other websites...

ipsirc: Would it be possible to make a pack from latest trunk?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
newbibob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by newbibob »

Firstly, THANK YOU! This is a fantastic pack, difficulty level, fun things, useful things. It's a different game when you have to think like this and its a real please to have thanks to your work.

I'm not sure if this is pack related or specific to Huge Airports but I get graphical glitches, mostly buildings with jagged edges but a few tiles missing and/or replaced and even a couple of fences on the far side of an adjacent tile (i.e. gap between fence and airport).

The attached screenie is the circle but the Intercont. 2 has very similar problems.

I have tried both the GRFs (original and opengfx) and tried DOS and windows pallets with each GRF - all 4 combos look the same as the screenshot. I tried the same combos with the newest GRFs taken from the HA thread too, just in case the packaged one was older - same results.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Just remembered, before I posted, that I was using the OpenGFX airports GRF, when I take that out only the heliports and the commuter airport work, all the other have similar glitches to the huge ones. Maybe not specific to HA after all >.<
Attachments
Huge Airports glitch
Huge Airports glitch
Cuburg Transport, 24-01-2100.png (108.71 KiB) Viewed 1038 times
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

that looks like conflicting GRFs and/or changing GRFs mid-game. try a new game without any GRFs.
newbibob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by newbibob »

I stay clear of changing GRFs in-game at all and I had looked for any likely candidates for a conflict (station tile GRFs, that sort of thing) buuuuut....

Well some dumbass - not mentioning any names *cough* - completely forgot that TTRS has an airport set toggle in the parameters.

Thanks for the help, all working now :D
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I'd almost suggest removing the airport stuff from TTRS. Or, at least, advocate for having it disabled by default.
newbibob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by newbibob »

I'm fairly sure it is disabled by default, I think I saw it and had an "Ohh let's see what that looks like" moment, before going back to building my GRF list. Either way I had defiantly seen it and just forgotten about it.
newbibob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by newbibob »

Quick question if may, ipsirc? (and i know this one is pack related :P)

Did the leasing go because it was causing de-syncs when players had different settings (i.e. length of lease, rate) or just causing them regardless?

Shame if its the latter, I really liked it, given the balance I had gotten the game to. :(
DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

newbibob wrote:Quick question if may, ipsirc? (and i know this one is pack related :P)

Did the leasing go because it was causing de-syncs when players had different settings (i.e. length of lease, rate) or just causing them regardless?

Shame if its the latter, I really liked it, given the balance I had gotten the game to. :(
I'm wondering about anyone used this feature. :-> Desync hadn't caused by different settings, because it is a server setting, but >sometimes< the buy button do lease on some clients and buy on others, and that caused desync, and desync didn't go away after rejoin. :cry: I've been tried to discover the problem, but after some hours I've removed it from the pack. :| I may try to include it again.
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Is it just me, or is the button for "Show station coverage areas"missing? I dont have the button showing on my stations?

Bertrand Russell

Tintinfan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tintinfan »

Hello,

I was just going to test this with a friend for potential future games on multilayer using a dedicated server. The server runs the Linux i686 (openttd-1.3.2-DC3.0RC2_i686.tar.bz2). I set up the game (from a .scn) using a win32 complied version (openttd-1.3.2-DC3.0RC2_win32.zip) and created a savegame file. Then uploaded it to the server and attempted to load the game, getting the following result:

Code: Select all

ERROR: Game Load Failed?Broken savegame - Invalid chunk size
The server made a random 64x64 map I could connect too. Then I went to the server and loaded an old 1.3.2 savegame and recived a "Couldn't load savegame" error on the win32 client on my computer. I could perhaps make a proper error log if I knew how...
Regards,

Tinny/Tintinfan. :)
DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

Tintinfan wrote:Hello,
The server made a random 64x64 map I could connect too. Then I went to the server and loaded an old 1.3.2 savegame and recived a "Couldn't load savegame" error on the win32 client on my computer. I could perhaps make a proper error log if I knew how...
Please attach the savegame and the scenario file! I'll look at.
Trond wrote:Is it just me, or is the button for "Show station coverage areas"missing? I dont have the button showing on my stations?
First post, rtfm! :mrgreen:
newbibob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by newbibob »

ipsirc wrote:I'm wondering about anyone used this feature. :-> Desync hadn't caused by different settings, because it is a server setting, but >sometimes< the buy button do lease on some clients and buy on others, and that caused desync, and desync didn't go away after rejoin. :cry: I've been tried to discover the problem, but after some hours I've removed it from the pack. :| I may try to include it again.
I love the distinction between the bank loan and the 'panic button loan'. I had a good balance with it set to 20% interest and 10 year lease term, since you still pay the running cost, an additional 20% is huge, especially as I have expensive vehicles to promote making the right choice for the situation :D

You can max out the loan on infrastructure early (or just make a mistake and be a few dollars short of the vehicle) and lease a vehicle to get by but the less obvious use, at least with my balance at the moment, is saving a network that is under-capacity if your didn't respond fast enough. Too many pax at a hub (for example) lowers ratings and ramps up the lost cargo costs. At the same time the average waiting time at the station creeps up so the pax are paying less on arrival at their final destination. That combo of reduced income + spike in costs is game over, you just can't let the rating fall that far without adjusting the network capacity. Leasing saves the day but the cost can stifle the company for the time of the lease but then... slow growth is better than bankruptcy!

But that's just my play style and preferences and I have no idea if other people are using it. So if you can fix the problem I would use definitely love it and use it to death but if it's broken so be it, that's a deal breaker of an error, after all. Either way I really appreciate the effort that goes into these packs so I will be happy and grateful to have a great pack! :)
Tintinfan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tintinfan »

ipsirc wrote:
Tintinfan wrote:Hello,
Please attach the savegame and the scenario file! I'll look at.
As you asked!...
ukYAPP.scn
(4.83 MiB) Downloaded 105 times
YAPPuk.sav
(4.83 MiB) Downloaded 114 times

Also left the server idle and with no password if it helps in any way. 176.58.97.166:3999

Thanks! :)
Regards,

Tinny/Tintinfan. :)
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

ipsirc wrote:
Trond wrote:Is it just me, or is the button for "Show station coverage areas"missing? I dont have the button showing on my stations?
First post, rtfm! :mrgreen:
I dont get it?

EDIT: Got it :roll:

Bertrand Russell

DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

Mea culpa! The latest RC2 release had a little bit different binary for linux and windows, so they weren't compatible each other. Sorry! :?
This is the main reason to release RC3 in hurry without too much focused on testing more height levels patch. I hope it won't break the game. Windows users: you have to load RC2 savegames in RC3 and save it then continue playing, because the next release won't be compatible with RC2!
The new things are...ahm, ther're already at the first post, check out!

newbibob: Okie, that sounds a really balanced game type what you do. I'm still trying to fix leasing, i'll call a friend to help me in bugfinding soon. :)
Tintinfan: load the savegame with RC3, save it, and it will compatible with both linux & win32 versions. If any desync will occur, please post the savegame, and the autosavegame a month before the desync. Thanx! (Don't be surprised when the game hangs for seconds on 1st day of every month - YACD does calculations, and you have 1.6 million citizens!)

And for every player who asked for moreheightlevel - voila! :wink:
stb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by stb »

Hi there,

Tried the last RC and a couple issues:
1. Could you change the color of the minimap? Adv settings | Interface | Display options |
Land color... doesn't distinguish Green and Dark green.
2. Land contours in the minimap don't match contours in the main map. Regarding heights.
3. Too much water... Sea level setting?

Return to “OpenTTD Development”