Dutch Station Addition Set, version 0.8 released on Bananas

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Stefanuzz
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Dutch Station Addition Set, version 0.7 released on Bana

Post by Stefanuzz »

Hi guys. I wonder why this sign misses as a waypoint: http://nicospilt.com/2004/nummer_13.JPG - And, maybe this one is a good one too: 'herhalingssein' - http://nicospilt.com/2006/20060525_6152.JPG

Some feedback on the waypoints: the WUBO and WIDO waypoints lights are fading very slowly, while in real life they don't fade at all and have a frequency of 1 sec. for each light blinking. Maybe this can be fixed to make it more realistic? :)

Anyway, thanks for this amazing addon set. :bow:
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Maybe you can add both the stairs, and a fake tunnel sprite?
How's this?
DSAset65.png
DSAset65.png (124.43 KiB) Viewed 2930 times
I wonder why this sign misses as a waypoint
I looked at that one when I started with this set, but the green doesn't look that good next to grass. It isn't very recognisable.
And, maybe this one is a good one too
At the moment I think there are enough waypoints in the set, especially with the maximum number of station-ID's in sight ;-)
Some feedback on the waypoints: the WUBO and WIDO waypoints lights are fading very slowly, while in real life they don't fade at all and have a frequency of 1 sec. for each light blinking. Maybe this can be fixed to make it more realistic
I used watercycle colors to mimic the blinking. That was the easiest way of making them without having to use animation (animating means more code and graphics).
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

Your new sprites looks very good :)
I look forward to use them in my games!
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Very nice, i might have a sugggestion for the island platform Ramps.
In real they are mostly centered with a piece of platform continuing on both sides.

I a player still wants to use a double ramp, he could use 2 single sided platform pieces.
View my (train)pictures on Flickr
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

jor[D]1 wrote:Very nice, i might have a sugggestion for the island platform Ramps.
In real they are mostly centered with a piece of platform continuing on both sides.

I a player still wants to use a double ramp, he could use 2 single sided platform pieces.
Not a bad suggestion, could you post some links to pics with that? So I can get a general idea of the dimensions, especially regarding how wide the platform and ramp should be.

And another little thing I'm working on... I picked up the footbridge idea again, small/rural stations just don't look that good with the big overpass. Made the shape a bit more simpeler and made it without roofs so it stays a bit smaller. I did make parts of the walls transparent, to make it a bit more interesting. What do you think?
DSAset67.png
DSAset67.png (46.48 KiB) Viewed 2816 times

All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

I forgot to take a picture of it, I noticed it during my trip last monday.

At least it is visible in the background in 2 pictures.
platform.jpg
(477.59 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Top picture is Breda, looking West. Red line are platform edges, Green line is where the ramp starts.
Bottom picture is Tilburg, Right of the fence is the ramp down. The crossing path is out of camera.
You should mirror the piece of platform to the other side, but without the newer stones, about that size is on the other side.

The Hague HS, Eindhoven and Tilburg have very good examples, which I noticed. Probably a lot more stations have.
The platform next to the ramp can be very narrow, depending on the total platform width.

Edit:
Nice foot bridge, but the middle is way too low. Try to create a higher middle section.
The old Hilversum-noord bridge might be some inspiration:
Notice the top wire go over the bridge.

I think it has been used at several other stations.
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

Delft temp bridge goes over both afaik
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Such a small bridge wouldn't require stairs on both sides either. :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

I've always liked the old footbridge at Geldermalsen: http://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=http ... AA&dur=140

Fun fact: it's only capable of supporting 40 people at any one time.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

At least it is visible in the background in 2 pictures.
Thnx for the pictures, they give me a good idea on how it should look. I'll see what I can cook up ;-)

Regarding the footbridge:
- I don't aim to replicate a real life footbridge. What I would like to achieve is one that is smaller compaired to the one already in the set, to give an alternative to that one. I do think that the dimensions are ok in that regard. The trains and catenary fit nicely under it, without it getting the same hight as the original one.
- However it should be a bit real life, so I'm interested to know if any Dutch footbridges have stairs on both sides?
If that is not the case I'll see what I can do codewise to make it not use any extra ID's. I wonder if I can use the same trick that I did for my ISR/DWE-style objects GRF (placing it multiple times on the same spot gives a different appearance of the graphic), haven't tried that for stationtiles yet. Although that could be very tricky with multi-tile pieces (the island ones), that I already found out with the object-GRF ;-) Because then you don't always get the combinations that you would like, as it is chosen randomly for objects.

Thnx for the feedback!

Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Would it be possible to have the buffer stops only have available in length 1 in the menu?
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Can't you save some Id's by autodetecting roatations. For example at the buffers.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Transportman wrote:Would it be possible to have the buffer stops only have available in length 1 in the menu?
Should be easy to do, thnx for the suggestion!
jor[D]1 wrote:Can't you save some Id's by autodetecting roatations. For example at the buffers.
I made them all seperate tiles on purpose, sometimes the autodetection goes wrong when you place buffers back to back, first three are from the original set, the last one is from the addition set:
DSAset68.png
DSAset68.png (19.89 KiB) Viewed 2629 times
I gave a Hilversum-noord style footbridge a try, how does it look? (ignore the colors, the shape is most important right now)
DSAset69.png
DSAset69.png (34.84 KiB) Viewed 2629 times

Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Quast65 wrote:
Transportman wrote:Would it be possible to have the buffer stops only have available in length 1 in the menu?
You might also want to check the island platforms, since those only have a length of 1 in the menu, while the entire range of lengths should be available.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Quast65 wrote:I gave a Hilversum-noord style footbridge a try, how does it look? (ignore the colors, the shape is most important right now)
Cool, but could we also get one with a roof, like the real Hilversum-Noord? (And I believe Bussum-Zuid has a very similar one).
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

I much prefer the Hilversum bridge to the yellow/red one, mainly because it looks to be far more to scale and much less brightly coloured.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

Purno wrote:Bussum-Zuid
looked like a 2D cutout to me :D
"O2 is for noobs, real people breath O3" ~ said sometime by Me

All comments from me may or may not be true and do not take them word-for-word

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

1000th Post at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am
2000th post at Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Nice bridge, I think it's now possible to recreate bussum zuid, lol.
It's a more or less standard bridge used at multiple stations.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Badger wrote:I much prefer the Hilversum bridge to the yellow/red one, mainly because it looks to be far more to scale and much less brightly coloured.
The yellow/red one is meant to be bigger, it gives the player to build a footbridge like Amersfoort has, which is basicaly an extension to the station hall. For bigger stations this gives a more fitting footbridge with wider stairs, giving room to a larger amount of travellers. IIRC, 's-Hertogenbosch got a similarly-sized 'footbridge'/hall. And Utrecht has even a wider hall with shops, build over the platforms :P

This newly drawn footbridge is nicer for the smaller stations though. :)
Image Image
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Transportman wrote:
Quast65 wrote:
You might also want to check the island platforms, since those only have a length of 1 in the menu, while the entire range of lengths should be available.
I'll look into that.

Regarding footbridge, nice to hear that you all like the way it is turning out. I'll see what it looks like with a roof. I'll keep you informed on progress.

Return to “Graphics Development”