Increasing maximum loan

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

sir_schwick
Engineer
Engineer

Increasing maximum loan

Post by sir_schwick »

I am currently playing FIRS .6 and keep having a problem with capitalization. My margin at a stable point runs about 10%-15% of revenue. However the costs of expansion involving trains and tracks(especially around farms) means I have to wait many years for a single new route. Currently I have been using the money cheat as a de facto bank and returning the money afterward. Ideally I would just be able to borrow the money needed like a real business.

My initial loan is at the max($1,000,000), and increases very slowly. Are there any GRFs or patches that allow more options and higher limits?
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Increasing maximum loan

Post by Leanden »

As i understand its currently impossible to change the maximum loan outside of the difficulty restrictions without changes to the code.
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

Maybe you just need to build higher profit routes earlier, and cut out any routes which are unprofitable, recycling the rails.

Try to keep your loan at 0 most of the time, or you're wasting money on interest. And finally fiddle with the difficulty settings so that you make more money and have more capital.
Jon
yoshi2093
Engineer
Engineer

Post by yoshi2093 »

I have never used money cheats all you need to do is get your money to increase and leave your computer on over night
LSky
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LSky »

I'm guessing trying to increase the maximum loan beyond 500.000 GBP is still impossible? I read somewhere that setting the diff_level value to 3 would make this possible, but it obviously does not.
barrymorgan88
Engineer
Engineer

Post by barrymorgan88 »

Thanks for the information. I will try this and let you know how it goes:)
yoshi2093 wrote:I have never used money cheats all you need to do is get your money to increase and leave your computer on over night
bad credit loans

Return to “General OpenTTD”