Possible bug with 2.0 alpha 6 and DBset

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Possible bug with 2.0 alpha 6 and DBset

Post by Hyronymus »

I thought I posted about it at the alpha discussion (sorry for that). But I started a new game after I upgraded to alpha 6. Game starts in 1921, using DBset 0.4a (the full set that is). It's 1924 and still... no train carriages other then mail and passenger carriages. I attached a zip which contains: ttdpatch.cfg, newgrf.cfg and a savegame (year=1924). As you might have read between the lines: I'm using the DOS version. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong or is it a bug?
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

It's a bit strange, the DB set doesn't actually appear in the list of grf files that were active when the game was saved. But you're still clearly using it! I'm not sure how that happened.

In any case, I was able to get the wagon using "Cht: ResetVehicles".
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I'm gonna try again and I'll check my ttdpacth.cfg thoroughly to see if I missed any switch. Thanks for having a look at it.

Edit: tried again, even started new game. Check ttdpacth.cfg and newgrf.cfg but can't find any problem. Could it be a matter of me using my dutch-translated tycoon.exe? I am puzzled (must be something really stupid).

Edit2: resetvehicles does work for the AI, I get the other carriages in 1926!!!
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Show me your newgrf.cfg then, it wasn't in the zip...
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Hmm, I thought I did add it. Did I mention I was tired yesterday evening :wink: .
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

OK, it's a bug in the DB set. It doesn't happen if you load the cargoset as well (make sure to load it before the dbset!), so I guess the cargoset sets the wagon introduction date early but the dbset forgets to do that.

So, you could add the cargoset and then do a cht: resetvehicles to get your wagons. Otherwise, you'll have to wait a few years for them to become available.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Thanks Patchman! I'll change the order of the grf's now. Now I can finally start in 1921 :P .

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”