Through-signals problem

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Major
Engineer
Engineer

Through-signals problem

Post by Major »

Hi, I think I found a bug (or perhaps I did something wrong). There are 2 things wrong in this picture:
1. The train in the station selected the last platform instead of picking the first, thought all four were available.
2. The train waiting at the signal is... waiting at the signal, though there are 3 available platforms.

This all happens only at this station. Before I built this four-platform station there was a two-platform station, and had the same problem: the trains saw only one platform. Even if there was an available platform, the trains still waited at the signal.

I'm using TTDPatch 2.6 alpha r2112.
Last edited by Major on 07 Feb 2010 14:55, edited 2 times in total.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TTDPatch 2.6 alpha r2112 bug

Post by JGR »

Can we have a savegame and config file please?

In the meantime this can most likely be allayed by replacing the through-signals with ordinary two-way PBS signals.
Generally through-signals are only useful in bidirectional station/track sections.
The signal in front of the depot is also superfluous and potentially problematic.

You are correct in that what you've described/illustrated should not happen.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Major
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Major »

Thanks for the fast reply. Here they are.
Attachments
TRT01.SV1
(308.72 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
ttdpatch.cfg
(37.08 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Major
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Major »

Replacing the through-signals with normal PBS signals solved the problem. Thanks for your help.
Major
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Through-signals problem

Post by Major »

Hello again! Since this problem is similar to the problem reported almost a year ago I decided to use this old thread.

I have this situation:

The selected train can't find the way to the free platform past that through-signal. It works if I make it a normal two-way PBS signal, but this is not a solution. I tried to remove various signals/tracks and then place them again to "reset" the junction but with no effect.

I'm using TTDPatch 2.6 Alpha r2297.

Here are the savegame and the configuration file:
Attachments
TRT18.SV1
(379.53 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
ttdpatch.cfg
(45.09 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

I'm no good with your problem, but is a train about to crash into the highlighted train from behind ? Or is it waiting at that signal a bit past it?
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Major
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Major »

jake.grimshaw wrote:I'm no good with your problem, but is a train about to crash into the highlighted train from behind ? Or is it waiting at that signal a bit past it?
The rightmost train is waiting at the signal.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

This is one of those annoying edge cases which occasionally crop up and have been around for years...
I may well have another go at mitigating it.

In the mean time, moving the left through signal one tile closer to the junction seems to fix things...
(ie. such that the two through signals are on tiles which do not intersect with the other track (whether this overlap is the cause of the issue is unclear and I suspect unlikely, as I have observed it in track aligned with the grid... (and didn't manage to fix (I ended up redesigning the whole junction round the station instead)))).
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Major
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Major »

Moving that signal solved the problem. A simple solution, but it didn't occur to me. :)

I've seen the changelog for r2302 and, from what I understand, the problem will be solved. I look forward to trying it. Thanks JGR.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Major wrote:I've seen the changelog for r2302 and, from what I understand, the problem will be solved. I look forward to trying it. Thanks JGR.
I don't think it will fix that though, the bug it is correcting is an unrelated (and more serious and easier to fix) issue with tsignals (unreserving tiles on reverse and a few other bits)
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”