Are there any train AIs yet?

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

iNVERTED
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Are there any train AIs yet?

Post by iNVERTED »

I've been looking through the forum and stumbled on only one topic about train AI, which is this one, which isn't done in squirrel. I looked on the wiki but there are only 2 AIs documented there, neither of which are for trains. I heard that with the inclusion of NoAI in trunk, the original AI was disabled, and I do want my computer opponents to build trains. So are there actually any proper train AIs yet? I'll wait until there are before I update my nightly...
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Are there any train AIs yet?

Post by Rubidium »

AdmiralAI builds trains (and trucks, busses and aircraft). You can also configure it to only build trains.
iNVERTED
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by iNVERTED »

Aha, brilliant. I shall be updating now. :)

Edit: Seems it takes absolutely forever (read: anywhere between 25 and 60 seconds) whenever I unpause after loading a game. There are five AIs, but why would it take several seconds to load each one? I'm using 2 AdmiralAIs and 3 NoCABs - they were set at random, and they didn't want to change even after I altered the settings.

On the other hand though, the game isn't at all laggy after this insane load time, which is a relief.

Edit2: I just tried setting them all to Admiral, and then loading the savegame before my update. Now the unpause delay is shortened to about half a second. That's much nicer but... what happened to NoCAB o.o
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

The latest NoCABs shouldn't have the delay when loading a game. T upgrade, download the latest NoCAB form the content management in-game and delete the older versions in the content_download dir.
Morloth
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Morloth »

iNVERTED wrote:Aha, brilliant. I shall be updating now. :)

Edit: Seems it takes absolutely forever (read: anywhere between 25 and 60 seconds) whenever I unpause after loading a game. There are five AIs, but why would it take several seconds to load each one? I'm using 2 AdmiralAIs and 3 NoCABs - they were set at random, and they didn't want to change even after I altered the settings.

On the other hand though, the game isn't at all laggy after this insane load time, which is a relief.

Edit2: I just tried setting them all to Admiral, and then loading the savegame before my update. Now the unpause delay is shortened to about half a second. That's much nicer but... what happened to NoCAB o.o
Yeah, like Arathorn said this problem is fixed in the latest version of NoCAB. I moved the expensive 'build connection tree' operation outside the constructor, sorry for the mess :oops:.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”