Deleted Files do not go to the Recycle Bin

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

aahz77
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Deleted Files do not go to the Recycle Bin

Post by aahz77 »

I don't know how well it is known that TTD does not send a save game you delete via the save game dialog to the recycle bin. I assume this stems from DOS times where there was no such thing as a recycle bin. But it is very uncomfortable if you click delete the wrong save accidentally.

Doing a search, I found only one topic in which this exact issue is discussed (mainly about recovering the lost file).

My suggestion is to change the behavior of TTD (Windows version) so that a deleted save game file goes to the recycle bin instead of being deleted directly. Is this possible and worth the effort?
One after one, by the star-dogged Moon,
Too quick for groan or sigh,
Each turned his face with a ghastly pang,
And cursed me with his eye.

-- Samuel T. Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

TTD uses still the TR*## filename system, so restoring them would be actually a pain, TTD isn't file system multitasking aware anyway. TTD doesn't know the change when you alt-tab to restore it or do other fancy file operations.

I don't think it's worth... the easiest possible way, instead deleting the file, change the filename so people can restore it, if the backup is already used, replace it. (This would be DOS compatible aswell)

Return to “Suggestions”