[OTTD] Ben_Ks general mixed screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Ben_Ks general mixed screenshots

Post by wallyweb »

staying on topic ... Nice harbour. :)
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

I had to abandon the previous game due to the introduction of NewIndustries (which buggered up my current industry networks), so Ive started a new one. Its a bit scruffy at the moment while I get use to UKRSI. Here are a few shots to start with though...

Wrendinghall Steelworks

This is where Arkwright Locomotive started off in 1932, the town of Wrendinghall. The Steelworks was conveniently located near Iron and Coal mining facilities. The Coal mines are to the East (You can see an 0-6-0 Tank climbing the hill in the bottom right) and the Iron Ore is collected from the West (The Iron 0-6-0 Pannier Tank is arriving to the left). The Iron train obviously uses the unloader platform rather than the ones with the cranes... that would be hard work to unload!! Just to the north you can see an 0-6-0 pulling its wooden goods load towards the town of Marnbridge to the North. The wooden goods come from a Sawmill near to the Iron Ore mines. I'll mention more in the next shot. The passenger 4-4-0 'Express' at Wrendinghall runs a service from Marnbridge, via Wrendinghall to Pluntfingburg Springs and then directly back to Marnbridge. This is how many of the Steelworkers get to the foundry so there are a few of these locos running this line. The Steel leaves the works all the way to Bredworth Woods to be processed.
Wrendinghall Steelworks.png
Wrendinghall Steelworks.png (766.81 KiB) Viewed 625 times
Wrendinghall Open Mine & Nun's Carpentry
Wredinghall Open mine is serviced by the 0-6-0 Pannier that is sitting under the hoppers being loaded. It routes towards the steelworks via the tunnel to the right. It involves a short length of single track although the traffic is not high enough to cause a problem before it gets to the double track again. This section of line is also used by the steel locomotives routing outbound from Wrendinghall towards Bredworth. They depart via the parallel lines to the South. In order to simplify track management, the steel locos route back through the Nun's Carpentry station and via the tunnels to the north, after which they join the Iron line again.
Sitting at Nun's Carpentry is a 2-8-0 awaiting a load of lumber ot be taken to Bredworth for goods processing. These locos are reconfigured after each sector and also bring the goods back to this station where they are transfered to the Marnbridge goods 0-6-0 (seen on the northern most platform). The wood is supplied to this facility from Pruborne forest via the double tracks to the north and also from Kindhead Forest to the west, near Bredworth.
Wrendinghall&Nuns.png
Wrendinghall&Nuns.png (730.44 KiB) Viewed 607 times

Bredworth Climb

This simple shot shows the Bredworth climb that the long and heavy lumber and steel locomotives have to tackle to get to the Bredworth Factory. Wrendinghall is located to the East where the trains route from. To the North you can see the Kindhead Forest wood station. Bredowrth is to the west at the top of the hill climb.
Bredworth Climb.png
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 117 times
Last edited by Ben_K on 17 Oct 2007 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Thanks Wally :)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

You are most welcome.
Ben_K wrote:I had to abandon the previous game due to the introduction of NewIndustries (which buggered up my current industry networks), so Ive started a new one.
You gotta watch out for those guys from the Organized Transport Tyranny Department. They can be ruthless. :twisted:
I like that Bredworth Climb. How about a shot with a train struggling up the grade?
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Sure, let me just give the PR department a ring and see if they have one.
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Yep, they have some. Well, 3 to be exact. Normally they couldn't organise a party in a beverage factory yet today they've actually managed to find something...

Bredworth Climb - Locomotives under load
Here are some shots of locomotives tackling the Bredworth Climb under load. One of the large lumber train, the other two are smaller steel trains.
Bredworth Climb Lumber.png
Bredworth Climb Lumber.png (278.82 KiB) Viewed 3297 times
Bredworth Climb Steel1.png
Bredworth Climb Steel1.png (131.34 KiB) Viewed 3067 times
Bredworth Climb Steel2.png
Bredworth Climb Steel2.png (184.33 KiB) Viewed 3062 times
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Yea ... I can just hear the engineer screaming at the fireman to pile on the coal "More Steam! We Need More Steam!" :lol:
Silverx50
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Silverx50 »

Nice harbour you made there. and I like the shots of the hill climb :D
good stuff
All my projects are GPLv2 License.

Dutch landmark Object Set Workshop viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75071
My stations workshop viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74749
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Thanks Silver!
And Im glad Wallyweb likes them too! :D
thebrightside
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thebrightside »

And here comes the brightside to do some sucking up as well. Hahah. They're great shots ben. The harbor on the previous page was great as well.
Geographer in making
My Scenarios
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

:) Cheers Brightside! Im glad you all like them. Ive had the PR department take some more recently, just need to edit them for public release and then I'll post them. :wink:
Louie Armstrong
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Louie Armstrong »

Ben_K wrote: the long and heavy lumber and steel locomotives
You make your locomotives from lumber and steel? :wink:

Official TT-Jewel Staite FanClub
Official TT-Ellen Page FanClub
Official TT-Hayley Williams FanClub
Official TT-generic yet cute emo woman FanClub
jonty-comp wrote:I accidentally wedged my frigate between some rocks. D:
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Right, Ive been demoted to the second screenshots page for too long! I've finally decided to edit a few random shots from recent games. Unfortunately I dont have histories attached to these as I haven't had a lot of TTD time recently and with all the developments occurring, I keep starting new games all the time.
Anyway, hope you find some of them interesting....
Attachments
The small lakeside village of Beningham
The small lakeside village of Beningham
Beningham.png (363.39 KiB) Viewed 2622 times
Arkwright Steel.png
An extended shot of the Arkwright Steel complex and Depot area. It also serves as a through route for iron ore, wood, lumber, steel and finally goods to and from this area.
(3.2 MiB) Downloaded 57 times
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

These few are from my latest game...
Attachments
Whithead Factory and its lorry loading area.
Whithead Factory and its lorry loading area.
Whithead Factory1.png (380.92 KiB) Viewed 2606 times
Beaside Heath Oil Facilities.png
The oil from the derricks on the right travels a fair distance to the refinery. From there it follows the same route back and onward to the Beaside Heath Fuel Oil depot.
(927.74 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
The town of Lenfield.<br />The only thing that bug me in this shot is the new water sprites (or lack of) along the coast. I think this is being developed for OTTD at the moment though.
The town of Lenfield.
The only thing that bug me in this shot is the new water sprites (or lack of) along the coast. I think this is being developed for OTTD at the moment though.
Lenfield1.png (951.48 KiB) Viewed 613 times
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Most impressive and ahm a stealin that factory! 8)
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Funky looking shots Benny boy. Might I ask what landscape tileset you are using in the last screenshot?
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Acerbus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Acerbus »

2-10-0 wrote:Funky looking shots Benny boy. Might I ask what landscape tileset you are using in the last screenshot?
That's the OpenGFX project: thread, wiki.
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Thanks Wally, 2-10-0 and Acerbus. :D

And yes, as Acerbus posted, its the very impressive 8bpp replacement plan. And its looking pretty snazzy I must admit. Looks especially good with 'Stolen trees'! 8)
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

err.. ummm.. this dudes harbor was built by moses... his water flows uphill into the harbor....

Nice shots..
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Plastikman wrote:err.. ummm.. this dudes harbor was built by moses... his water flows uphill into the harbor....
Nah, its lock controlled. The lake gets a lot of land run off, however there are pumps from the sea to ensure there is enough to prevent grounding of the ships.
Besides, Moses repelled water didn't he? :?

Return to “Screenshots”