network

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

robin168
Engineer
Engineer

network

Post by robin168 »

I need a network that can handle at least 50 trains.
any questions?
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

None at all - go to it!

To give you an idea of what can be achieved, I have ran integrated networks running over 150 trains profitably.
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
robin168
Engineer
Engineer

Post by robin168 »

can you give a good example.
My networks always are very buggy.
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

Have a look at the maps on http://www.amitrains.co.uk/gallery/ - failing all else the only way to really learn is to play yourself and read the tutorials on here.
Andel
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
LocoMH
Chairman
Chairman

Post by LocoMH »

I twice had fun in building 2-way-networks. In one I linked all the cities. But there are SO many add-ons needed that's to bad...But anyways here's a pic of the map:
Attachments
Screenshot6.png
Screenshot6.png (55.81 KiB) Viewed 5943 times
robin168
Engineer
Engineer

Post by robin168 »

thanks i'll try and see what works best
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

if you think your up to the task, then try and have as little as possible end points, so trains only go in one direction. (it's even harder when you have industries, but that for more advance users :lol: ; haha)
WitchDR
Engineer
Engineer

Re: network

Post by WitchDR »

I am the biggest noob to building train networks.. i am terrified that trains will crash so what i do is build tons and tons of single lines that bridge over each other rather than connect even once.. i need some sort of guide for building a network on like what does what and how things affect other things, y trains still make money cause i'll have one train that's like 24 long stopping by several farms and fruit places befor reaching the final stop, then repeating, when that isn't enough i make another train on a seperate rail along the same route just a different line. pls help me.
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: network

Post by andel »

WitchDR wrote:I am the biggest noob to building train networks.. i am terrified that trains will crash so what i do is build tons and tons of single lines that bridge over each other rather than connect even once.. i need some sort of guide for building a network on like what does what and how things affect other things, y trains still make money cause i'll have one train that's like 24 long stopping by several farms and fruit places befor reaching the final stop, then repeating, when that isn't enough i make another train on a seperate rail along the same route just a different line. pls help me.
Well hello there, Wendy... you're also the biggest noob when it comes to not reading my little announcement... maybe I could also decorate it in your faverite hairbands or your little ponies... either way - Don't Bump Topics in the Loco Section or you'll find a hairband around your testicles so fast you'll be called Wendy for good within Minutes.

Fresh Season of scrubs, kids.
Andel
[/size]

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”