cannot save scenarios in openttd => v.0.3.6 on suse 9.1

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ungua
Engineer
Engineer

cannot save scenarios in openttd => v.0.3.6 on suse 9.1

Post by ungua »

i downloaded my absolute favourit game ever from this location in this forum: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=3407
transport tycoon works very well and it caught me and ate my precious time as well as for ten years ago. amazing to see that there still are people engaged in developing and improving this game! thank you!

but now my problem: i tried to create a scenario (world editor) and save it then for playing it afterwards. but i couldn't save it! so i wonder what the problem might be!? i can save the game so the fact that i am not logged in as "root" should not be the issue, should it? what could possibly solve my problem?

regards
ungua
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

huh? there? you can download the latest (0.4.0.1here)
It's far much better than 0.3.6 :wink: try it on that first! :D
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

And download the latest nightly build too (after you upgrade to 0.4.0.1) .
Here:
http://nightly.openttd.org/
Replace your files with these are in the nightly.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

I think you just should stick to 0.4.0.1 http://www.openttd.org/downloads.php and tell us if your problem remains an issue.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
ungua
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ungua »

i was not aware that there is a newer version already... :) will my savegame(s) be deleted after installing a newer version? i could of course backup them.

regards
ungua
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

The uninstallation asks whether you want to delete your savegames,
as far as I know.
SeppoK
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SeppoK »

Are you sure you have write access to direcory, where scenarios will be saved? I have latest (0.4.0.1) compiled as me (not as root) in my home directory so I have write access automaticly everywhere.

Maybe it's better take backup, but if you compile openttd from source code and you use different directory, those savegames don't disappear. Then you have to copy or move your save games to new installation directory /[what_ever_it_is]/openttd-0.4.0.1/save/.

(My first post =) )
ungua
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ungua »

hei seppo,

thank you for your first post! :) i am rather busy right now and do not have the time to play at all. hope to get back to openttd around christmas. :wink:

regards
ungua

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”