Disaster suggestions for OTTD

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mr.adam
Engineer
Engineer

Disaster suggestions for OTTD

Post by mr.adam »

This topic is to collect disaster suggestions fot OTTD. This is my first very own topic. Hope it will be of use.
mr.adam
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mr.adam »

FIRST disaster, suggested by me:

This suggestion may have some ethical issues, still events of nowdays consider me to suggest the integration of terrorist attacks in OTTD.

Terrorists may appear on any vehicles. They would state their demand of money, and after this, you would have the option, wether to pay the bad guy or not. In case of a "no", the terrorist would detonate its explosives, causing damage on the squares around it, and severe damage in your reputation.

SECOND disaster.

In times of war (however, some said war will not appear in OTTD) your transport lines sould suffer air strikes. War would mean a period specified in years.

THIRD disaster.

Train robbery, just like in RT2.

FOURTH disaster.

Hunger in cities. When you start to supply a city with goods, I think it is quite logical that they start to depend on your services. If there isn't another source for the city, and you would stop your supply, the city could start to lose population due to hunger. This would also mean a reputation loss for you.

FIFTH disaster.

Electric grid damage. When you have an electric railway (I last used it in TTDP, I don't know if it exists in OTTD), sometimes, electric threads should brake. This would require a moderate amount of money to repair.

SIXTH disaster.

Semaphore failure. Train coming. Passed semaphore. Semaphore forgot to turn red. Another train comes. Passed semaphore real fast. Goes on. KABLLAAAMMMMMM.

SEVENTH disaster.

Tunnel/canal explosion.

EIGTH disaster.

Scandal on station. If you have a station with 1000 passengers waiting for long, they should start a scandal, causing damage to the station and arriving vehicles. (I wonder how you squeeze 1000 people into a 4x20m railway platform)

Waiting for your replies: Mr. Adam
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

As Mek sais, there is allready topics like this.

And... Military activity wouldn't fit OTTD wery well :P
Alcohol is not the answer, it just makes you forget the question.
mr.adam
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mr.adam »

yes I've seen his reply, so i posted these great things else. thankya

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”