Road and rails o'er hills and vales

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

ChrisCF
Transport Empire Developer

Road and rails o'er hills and vales

Post by ChrisCF »

It's 1940 and you have no money, but a very good credit rating. Your task is to set up shop in South Wales, with a primary remit of serving the booming coal and steel industries. Of course, there's plenty of room to manoeuvre when it comes to branching out, from the beach at Tenby, along the Cambrian Coast all the way to Machynlleth and Barmouth. If you're really good, there's the possibility of sea crossings to Ilfracombe.

Your target is 40%. You might have company, but not until 1960. It would be an easy task across the flat Midlands, but this is Wales. Plenty of fun to be had building up the sides of those hills. Just like in real-life Wales, electricity is out of the question.

If only there were of a way of disabling tunnels - then I could be *really* evil :P
Attachments
wales.zip
Be careful when making use of trams ...
(208.19 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

nice scenario...reached 30% in 4 years but never got to 40% as it keeps dropping to 29% cause i can't find a city where to transport all the food one of my food factories make >_>
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

This scenario is good for NG trains, but that's just me
<+Raichase> ugh, I just ate some of my beard D:
ChrisCF

Post by ChrisCF »

It's a shame I don't know which trains actually run on NG so I can enable them. I had some nice, rolling hills with only a few peaks using Mek's scenario generator, but on the resultant maps, for some reason three levels above sea level were treated as submereged and you couldn't build on there :/

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”