Dutch stations set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Always take the effort of finding out who made things before you use it and when you send people stuff make clear what permissions you give them.
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Okay i have tried coding some graphics but it doenst look that well in game yet actually to me. But a good coder could stand up and help me to show others what it may look like in the game!

Aegir or another coder, would you please code a few of the sprites down here so that we may see how it looks in the game?

A simple platform with some add ons and the hall would be nice if you please.
Attachments
The sprites
The sprites
platform sprites.PNG (42.34 KiB) Viewed 1189 times
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

And a try out by me...
Attachments
as i said it doesnt look to gooed yet... perhaps some help here?
SCR1.PNG (82.21 KiB) Viewed 8792 times
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

And a try out by me...
Attachments
SCR1.PNG (82.21 KiB) Viewed 8790 times
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Looks good! Not a bad coding job at all
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I'm not going to be too harsh, since I know how hard it is coding a station (by hand, I don't know about GrfMaker though).

It looks like you need to 'refine' your bounding boxes and sprite offsets alittle. :)
Otherwise nice work, might I be as bold to ask are you coding this by hand or using GrfMaker to code this?
If the former I may be able to help you, if the latter I don't know how to use GrfMaker sorry. :(

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

I did this by hand, actually i do all by hand :wink: including drawing. I wanted to replace pictures in the trg1.grf but I have no clue whatsoever how to add more then the ones available, nor to stay in the boundries etc etc.
Red*Star
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Red*Star »

Same problem with me ;). But your coding results, Caelan, look better than what I've produced so far. Erm... ok, I've started coding yesterday, but anyway... :mrgreen:
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

I still would love someone to help me coding all platforms etcetera...

well in the meantime i went back on drawing stations:
Amersfoort revisited:
Attachments
Amersfoort.PNG
Amersfoort.PNG (5.26 KiB) Viewed 8691 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Are the pictures I made for you useful, Caelen?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Normally I would be happy to help, but due to real life I can't really go and give myself another prject. :)
Try asking Aegir if he can code them for you.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

They were very usefull i see i have posted the wrong amersfoort as well. Anyway i will be drawing the station based upon your pictures they give a good overview. Some of the platforms i have drawn are more or less based upon the platforms in Amersfoort like the double one with roof. Now i only need someone to paste them together so that it looks like a station...
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Caelan wrote: ... Now i only need someone to paste them together so that it looks like a station...
That person is yourself ...

You are the graphics creator of the station, therefore you are the only one who knows how it is to look. Here are a few tips :

1) go and get the 2 ground sprites 1011 and 1012 in 'trg1r.pcx' and remove all the transparent blue. Now that is your base; all your sprites must exactly fit these sprites. The footprint of your sprite(s) must no reach outside.

2) take your sprites, one by one (without the transparent blue) and paste them on the ground sprites, if they don't fit properly you need to make adjustments to your sprites.

3) if you have any sprites whose footprint goes across a tile boundary (e.g. in-between platforms ones) you need to cut them up. The front part goes on the rear half of the ground sprite, but the rear half goes onto the front half of the next ground sprint behind. If you get my drift.
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Right i think i will give it a try! See i am all new to this, but lets see what comes of it.

Thanks for the tips.

The photos are by the way great! I am trying to model Amersfoort better now ans also Overvecht seems like a nice station to give it a try... We will come up with a lot of sprites in the end. :)
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

right some coding there, very nice! most people'll stop even before they coded just a bit, due to it's difficulty. nice. :)
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

And a typical 1930-60 station
Attachments
StationNL1960.PNG
StationNL1960.PNG (4.96 KiB) Viewed 8330 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Nice but could you add some Dutch 'meubilair' (dunno the english word). As it currently is, I don't recognise it as a Dutch station (except for the platform), but that might be because I don't know much about Dutch stations and their history.

But the drawing is nice :!:

EDIT: Except for the shading. It's just mirrored. (read my tutorials for that)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Station furniture would be the word here, Purno. A part of that station furniture are the signs with station names on platforms and perhaps even a (not working) departure sign.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

And there doesn't seem to be a way to actually enter that platform. :wink:
Image Image
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

relax guys, it's too early to add up the missing parts. t'is an early pixelling, and might i add, a very nice one as well. and purno, if you look closely it's not just mirrored, yet the differences between the views are quite minor. yet noticable.

keep on drawing caelan, this is getting better and better! :)
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster

Return to “Graphics Development”