Dividing up the ideas

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

ChrisCF
Transport Empire Developer

Dividing up the ideas

Post by ChrisCF »

Might it be sensible that from this point on, the major "ideas" thread (now running into 30 pages, and probably impossible to keep track of) was maybe divvied up into several smaller thematic threads, so that new ideas go into an appropriate category instead of into the great big mess? ;)

The original idea was back here
Bugzilla available for use - PM for details.
Mr SandMan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr SandMan »

maby it is a good idea to build a php module or something to organize all the ideas and give them somekind of code this also makes it easier to find ideas en keep the a good overview.

Categories are i think a first step that's needs to be made
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Well, there's the SourceForge tracker, task section and so on. Hmmm, I need to make a few modifications to the SF project... some things need sorting out.
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Or an ideas subforum like there is for the patch.
ChrisCF

Post by ChrisCF »

orudge wrote:Well, there's the SourceForge tracker, task section and so on. Hmmm, I need to make a few modifications to the SF project... some things need sorting out.
Title, for instance :)

Current licence looks fine :)

I suppose, if you had it to hand, ift wouldn't hurt to make a start with the CVS too (hint, hint ...)
Bugzilla available for use - PM for details.
Dak Lozar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dak Lozar »

orudge wrote:Well, there's the SourceForge tracker, task section and so on. Hmmm, I need to make a few modifications to the SF project... some things need sorting out.
Hmm, is there a SF site for this project?
Dave "Dak Lozar" Loeser
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tt2/

I was on the verge of editing it the other day, but IE went and seized up (no comments about switching to Mozilla/Opera/Lynx/whatever please), so it'll have to wait.
Dak Lozar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dak Lozar »

Aha, thanks for the link. I may have been involved with this group longer than I thought. Is this the group that originally started on yahoo? If so, I'm the same Dak Lozar there :) Anyway, I've contributed some code to rean and I'm still working on the simple physics class (Fizzics) as well as writing up some documentation for the network architecture for the game.

It would be nice to have a central repository for documents and (as rean had said in his post regarding the release of the code) a place for devs to post questions/suggestions/etc…
Dave "Dak Lozar" Loeser

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”