Chill's patchpack v14_7

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

kamnet

Re: Chill's patchpack v13_5

Post by kamnet »

Running patchpack v13, new little problem.

Train 66 is not following its orders properly. Orders are:

1) Go non-stop to Baldwin Heights (unload & load if available) & wait 1 day
2) Jump to Order 6 when load is less than 100%
3) Go to Baldwin Train Depot #2
4) Go to to Lower Baldwin & wait 1 day
5) Jump to Order 1 always
6) Go non-stop via Waypoint Wallace
7) Go non-stop Wallace Woods (unload & load if available)

When it gets to #1, it doesn't load, even though there is cargo waiting to load. Instead it jumps straight to #2. Any ideas why? Oh, and please excuse my train crash, it'll clear up in a few.
Attachments
Hamilton & Co., 1967-04-09.sav
(1.84 MiB) Downloaded 152 times
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

aantono wrote: This is weird, but I didn't get a stack trace :(
You can not get a stacktrace if there is none. the libraries were loaded but the game did not start properly.
Normallly you would have seen the AIs being compiled and stuff like that but the program exited before that.

Anyway I did a little google search for "GetDYLDEntryPointWithImage failed" and it seems to be an OSX problem ...
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=256818
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/vie ... hp?t=29390

Maybe you can do a little search of your own? I think you need to update your system but again I am not familiar with OSX so I could be wrong.
Also the thread in the second link has some more links in it that you may want to read. eg this one perhaps:
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/backst ... s-on-macs/

I might do some more reading this afternoon. ;)
Kamnet wrote: Train 66 is not following its orders properly.
Could you please check your orders ... in your game the orders for train 66 are not what you listed in your post ...
I will have a better look this afternoon.

I'll be back in a few hours peeps, have to go now to visit my new housie. :)
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
wozzar
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by wozzar »

When i start OTTD or exit i get the following errors.
ini trailing characters at end of setting economy town growth cargo.
ini trailing characters at end of setting GUI date with time.

Though the game still plays despite the errors. How can i correct this.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

delete these lines from openttd.cfg
wozzar
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by wozzar »

Eddi wrote:delete these lines from openttd.cfg
I couldn't find it in the config.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Normally, openttd.cfg gets written at exit from the game, so perhaps the game removed them already?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

ChillCore wrote:
Kamnet wrote: Train 66 is not following its orders properly.
Could you please check your orders ... in your game the orders for train 66 are not what you listed in your post ...
I will have a better look this afternoon. I'll be back in a few hours peeps, have to go now to visit my new housie. :)

Oops, yes, Order 2 should be Jump to Order 6 when Load is equal to 100.

The idea is that if the train isn't fully loaded, I don't want it running across the map to make a delivery, so I want it to circle back around and wait again and make room for other trains. The problem I'm actually having is that even though there is metal to load, this train isn't loading.

Although I just discovered this interesting tidbit - if I remove my conditional jump order section, the train loads fine. So, what is it in my ordering here that's causing the train not to go to the station and load, even though it should?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

are you using cargo destinations? they may get confused with conditional order jumps
Kraks
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kraks »

Many thanks for great patchpack, ChillCore!

I'm from Russia and for other russian players I've made a translation of latest patchpack version.
ru_transl_for_chipp_v13_5_r22553.rar
Russian translation, apply after patchpack
(14.6 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
Also I've compiled your patchpack with this translation patch and Russian town names patch (http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=33344) for Win32
chipp_v13_5_r22554_ru_win32.rar
Win32 binaries (chipp+ru_transl+rus_town_names)
(4.85 MiB) Downloaded 323 times
chipp_v13_5_r22554_ru_src.7z
chipp+ru_transl+rus_town_names sources
(5.01 MiB) Downloaded 162 times
Last edited by Kraks on 16 Jun 2011 17:42, edited 1 time in total.
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Chill's patchpack v13

Post by oberhümer »

ChillCore wrote: Forgive me but I simply do not know what you want me to do ... I should not touch the income per trip yet in the end you want to earn the same amount with every daylength factor. :?
Kind of late now, but what I was talking about is this: Company income and expenses are now reset to zero after a year. If this interval could be divided by day length, vehicle income per trip and company income counting towards the respective company score would stay the same.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Eddi wrote:are you using cargo destinations? they may get confused with conditional order jumps
Yes, CargoDest is enabled. I assume this is a known issue then? :-(
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

wozzar wrote:
Eddi wrote:
wozzar wrote: When i start OTTD or exit i get the following errors.
ini trailing characters at end of setting economy town growth cargo.
ini trailing characters at end of setting GUI date with time.
delete these lines from openttd.cfg
I couldn't find it in the config.
They have to be in there else the patchpack would not complain.
First time I see this warning with town_growth_cargo (or I have fixed it in my config file before and forgot about it, lots on my mind lately).
Search for town_growth_cargo in the economy section and date_with_time in the gui section. ;)

Alberth wrote: Normally, openttd.cfg gets written at exit from the game, so perhaps the game removed them already?
OpenTTD removes obsolete lines now? I know it corrects invalid settings but I do not remember it doing this ...

Kamnet wrote:
Eddi wrote:
Kamnet wrote: if I remove my conditional jump order section, the train loads fine. So, what is it in my ordering here that's causing the train not to go to the station and load, even though it should?
are you using cargo destinations? they may get confused with conditional order jumps
Yes, CargoDest is enabled. I assume this is a known issue then? :-(
It is possible that it is caused by the older version of CargoDist in the patchpack.
In the same version that fixes the "unload and leave empty orders" cargo routing, there are some adjustments also in regards of conditional orders ... but CargoDist will still have to guess if an order will be executed or not so I might still not work perfect, at least that is what I remember having read in the Cargodist source. (I should try clean CargoDist to know for sure ...)
CargoDist will be updated to its current version soon.
I also plan to try a game with more complex stuff after my current game so hopefully I will spot things like this sooner. ;)

Kraks wrote: Many thanks for great patchpack, ChillCore!

I'm from Russia and for other russian players I've made a translation of latest patchpack version.
Thank you for the kind words and the translation. Will be included in the next version.
Also I've compiled your patchpack with this translation patch and Russian town names patch
I do not mind, but may I ask why this was needed?
Townnames can/should be done by NewGRF ... or does this not work for Russian characters?

oberhümer wrote:
ChillCore wrote: Forgive me but I simply do not know what you want me to do ... I should not touch the income per trip yet in the end you want to earn the same amount with every daylength factor. :?
Kind of late now, but what I was talking about is this: Company income and expenses are now reset to zero after a year. If this interval could be divided by day length, vehicle income per trip and company income counting towards the respective company score would stay the same.
Adjustments can still be made ... but are they needed?

Some code is executed daily, monthy, yearly, etc ... so no need to adjust those as those stay the same regardless of daylength -> a year is year also at daylength factor 10 or 20 (eg. running costs).
Vehicle income is calculated and added to the players balance after each trip ... so I do not see how I could adjust that other than after each trip.

I have never checked the company score in regards of daylength factor. Is something wrong there?
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
wozzar
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by wozzar »

Sorry Chillcore i must have missed them. I found it now and is working okay.
Kraks
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kraks »

ChillCore wrote:I do not mind, but may I ask why this was needed?
Townnames can/should be done by NewGRF ... or does this not work for Russian characters?
Sorry, my mistake :oops: I didn't notice new rusnames.grf. It was published a week ago, before it russian community used that patch...
welshdragon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by welshdragon »

Hi Chill et al

I have been playing with a group of friends, but their internet doesn't seem to like running the server, and when I try to host they can't connect.

Is there any chance I could possibly scrounge a Linux Build? (i386) then I can host it on a vps I purchased from orudge.

Thanks very much.
Semi-Retired TT-Forums Member.
These days I'm:
[list][*]A Local Transport Representative for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Social Media Advisxer for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Volunteer and Fundraiser for Guide Dogs[/list]
flickr | twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Steam

I used to be an idiot called tycoonmarkj.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

wozzar wrote: Sorry Chillcore i must have missed them. I found it now and is working okay.
No problem, you found the lines so everything is fine. :)

Kraks wrote:
ChillCore wrote: I do not mind, but may I ask why this was needed?
Sorry, my mistake :oops: I didn't notice new rusnames.grf. It was published a week ago, before it russian community used that patch...
I thought I saw a new rusian townnames NewGRF appear somwhere. ;)
As I said before I do not mind people adding patches to the patchack, just when reporting bugs I'd like to know (read: be reminded) about that and have the source of the binary you are using, a patch is fine -> yes, I can add patches myself but conflicts might be solved in a different way and then it is of no use to try and debug ...

welshdragon wrote: Hi Chill et al

I have been playing with a group of friends, but their internet doesn't seem to like running the server, and when I try to host they can't connect.

Is there any chance I could possibly scrounge a Linux Build? (i386) then I can host it on a vps I purchased from orudge.

Thanks very much.
Hello welshdragon,
I do not know what you can run on the vps but if a binary for Ubuntu 11.04 is good enough I can make and send you a bundle. I have never tried compiling a generic one and would not know how to do that ...

When I will be focussing on (partialy) rewriting the MoreHeightlevels patch in a few weeks I am going to use GIT or HG and I hope to get a bit better at it, maybe I can have a repository and compiled binaries then on the coopserver for the patchpack, if they are still willing to host it that is.

Also,
I have already mentioned this before but I'll repeat it once more for the people that might have missed it and are interested.
I'd be happy to include translations of the strings in your native languages if anyone provides them.
For the moment I have dutch (maintained by myself) and russian (by Kraks) completely translated.
Of the other languages I have some strings but that is because they were included with the patches I have added.

If you do provide translations you do not have to translate literally, just try not to lose the correct meaning of the strings.

welshdragon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by welshdragon »

A binary is fine, so long as it is *not* a .deb, for some reason those fail to install and work proper. .tar.gz is fine. Thanks Chill.
These days I'm:

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

There you go, I do hope it works. ;)
I have added it to my post that has the patch also on the previous page.
You just need to add a config file, needed GRFs were included when I made the bundle.

May I suggest to mention it is v13_5 when naming the server, to avoid confusion.
For as far as I am aware there will be 4 servers running my patchpack (yours included) but the versions are not the same on all of them. :)

Enjoy your game.

ps:
I hope that my connection will be better after moving, so I can come and terrorize some of your games a bit. :twisted:

welshdragon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by welshdragon »

Slight problem: when I load the Linux Binary, it loads a 1.1.1 game. :(
These days I'm:

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

I do not quite get what you mean ... can you provide more details about your problem please?

Does the ingame version string say 1.1.1 or r22553M? It should say r22553M, if not it is not the patchpack you are starting.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”