Delaying trains at signals?

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

TrainzTrainzTrainz
Engineer
Engineer

Delaying trains at signals?

Post by TrainzTrainzTrainz »

Hi. I am new to this BRILLIANT game and this is my first post. Apologies if something like this has been already posted. Anyways, is there any way to increase the time that trains spend stopped at signals? I know how to use signals (1 way and 2 way) but it's more so the 2 way signal block that I'm focused on. I included a picture just to serve as an example.

This is the very first scenario map in the game (can't remember the name), the map which serves as the tutorials. I have 1 train going from the Iron Ore mine to the Steel factory, and likewise 1 train from the Coal mine to the Steel factory. All the lines are 2 way, and all go into the 1 station at the Steel factory. Obviously, sometimes 1 train can be a bit delayed whilst the other sits at the signals. And then the stupid thing goes back from the signal to its origin mine. So is there any way to increase the time that trains stay at signals? Thanks for your help :)
Attachments
LL1.jpg
LL1.jpg (13.28 KiB) Viewed 3489 times
splazz
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Delaying trains at signals?

Post by splazz »

why not make a station more, so you have 2 tracks?

i really dont have an answer for your question, i also have problems where the train go back, just not in this way - i would simply lay down one more track to the station...
TheSpeedy09
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TheSpeedy09 »

Hi,
TrainzTrainzTrainz wrote:So is there any way to increase the time that trains stay at signals?
Easy answer: NO. :wink:
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Use double track 1 way signal solution (Where the whole train fits in, the 2nd signal will force the train back), or just a 2 track station.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Warrender
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Warrender »

My solution would be thus.

At the point where the two tracks merge together to go down to the station to deliver its cargo, place a siding on both tracks with one way signals. That way, if your coal train comes down but the Iron train has priority it will enter the siding before the tracks merge and be stuck there until the line is clear as it will be unable to reverse. The same would apply to the iron ore train that will have its own one way siding before the tracks merge. Provided you make the other side of the siding one way in the opposite direction you'd be fine.

Personally though, if able, I'd create a one way passing loop half way between the merging tracks from the Coal mine/Ore Mine and the destination station.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

In that specific situation, I would have either a two track station without either line meeting, or a separate station for each cargo.
chow_34
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chow_34 »

The double track method mentioned would help.

If a one way signal is preceded by a two way signal the train will always wait until the track infront is completely clear

This pic might help, or it might not.

Edit: The two sets of one way signals have to be far enough apart so that the whole train fits between them.
Attachments
signaling.JPG
signaling.JPG (12.97 KiB) Viewed 3159 times
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

To avoid crossing tracks i would recommend a 3 track unload station with two exit tracks and a centre entrance track, i could easy deploy 6 trains, a little waiting occured but non of the trains ever reversed.
Attachments
solution possible.png
(1003.22 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi

Return to “General Locomotion”