Need some tips about passengers

Discuss the free TT-like game Simutrans.
vinaximus
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Need some tips about passengers

Post by vinaximus »

Hello eveyone,
I am trying to make that passenger train earn a profit, but there are no passengers. I interconnected 3 stations.
Can some one please, give me some tips or few (a website link, if any, will be appreciated), on how to build passenger networks in simutrans.
Good day building rails
Hajo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Hajo »

I usually start this way:

1) I build a railroad link, connecting at least three cities. The stations may be outside the cities, but it's better to be as close as possible to the city borders. 1 train with 4 passenger cars is enough to start.

2) Inside each city, I build a bus route, trying to cover 50% of the city with bus stops (3-5 stops are ok for small cities in the beginning of the game. A bus stop has a catchment area of 7x7 squares). Make sure the bus lines are connected to the train stations so that the passengers can transfer to the train and get to the other cities.

This should get you started.

Tips:

1) All the special buildings (town halls, monument, theatre, stadium, tennis courts, cathedrals ...) produce a lot of passengers. Make sure to place your bus stations nearby

2) Passengers have an idea where they want to go. If you don't offer transport to their destination, they don't show up at your stations. You can use the city infor window to see where passengers from this city want to go.

City info window description:
http://www.hajo.simutrans.com/pmwiki/pm ... n/CityInfo

3) The more destination you offer, the more passngers will use your service

4) City outskirts usually produce only very few passengers. You can ignore them until the cities grow somewhat.

----

Related links. City description in the Simutrans Wiki:
http://www.hajo.simutrans.com/pmwiki/pm ... uEn/Cities

Return to “Simutrans”