No Goods

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

TinPau
Engineer
Engineer

No Goods

Post by TinPau »

Just started a new game in 1960 and have trains delivering logs to the saw mill - so I send a train to carry away the goods ... but there never is/are any. Click on sawmill and it says 0 goods produced ?? :cry:

Using latest build July 1

Bug ???

Tinpau
If the train falls off the track, do you want your money back ?? Yes, or no, or maybe...
Airtaxi Pilot
Engineer
Engineer

Re: No Goods

Post by Airtaxi Pilot »

TinPau wrote:Just started a new game in 1960 and have trains delivering logs to the saw mill - so I send a train to carry away the goods ... but there never is/are any.
Ive noticed that when i first send a truck to a station it doesnt collect anything, but when the truck (or another truck) visits the station for a second there is something to collect.
dominik81
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by dominik81 »

You can change this behavior in the "configure patches" menu under "stations": "deliver cargo to a station only if there is a demand". This improves your initial ratings.
"There's a readme that comes with the source. I suggest you read it."
- Korenn
TinPau
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TinPau »

Figured it out.... seems the station when built was close enough to a city that it accepted goods. So I deleted the station... rebuilt it smaller (so it didnt accept goods) then goods appeared at the station. Then I expanded the station back to its original size. :lol: Kind of a wierd way but it worked - must have something to do with the station being able to accept goods and have good created there too.

Thanx for the suggestions though

Tinpau
If the train falls off the track, do you want your money back ?? Yes, or no, or maybe...
msalters
Engineer
Engineer

Post by msalters »

Another tip that works it so set the source to "Full Load". Not only does this stop your trucks and trains from running empty the first time, if later on the goods are temporarily unavailable (e.g. wood train broken down) they'll wait again.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”