Adding custom fullscreen resolution?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Dada
Engineer
Engineer

Adding custom fullscreen resolution?

Post by Dada »

Hi everyone. I'm running OpenTTD on macOS, and I'm wondering if it's possible to add a custom fullscreen resolution to the list of resolutions. I'd like to stream the game but to make it fit into my stream graphics I'd like to use 1440x1080 (1080p but in 4:3). I can see the default_resolutions array in the code so I could recompile it with an added option, but maybe there's a neater way to do this without having to do that? Would appreciate any thoughts :D
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Adding custom fullscreen resolution?

Post by Eddi »

the available resolutions are generally provided by your graphics driver, so you might want to look there.

another possibility is to use a borderless window instead.
Dada
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dada »

Thanks for your suggestions!
I'm not sure if borderless window is possible on Mac, as far as I can tell. I also think that maybe the list of resolutions is just hardcoded at least on Mac since I only see the list that's hardcoded in the source code. It's probably a bit better on Windows I reckon.

I've tried to make my own build but I take back what I said, my build is somehow slower than the official release so I guess it's not as simple :D
Instead I figure that my use case is easier to handle by just setting the screen resolution itself to 1440x1080 (I need a third party utility for that but it is possible) and then just capture that, so I guess that works for me.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

when you make your own build, you need to make sure you're building a release build, not a debug build (they tend to be slower)

Return to “General OpenTTD”