Vehicles stuck at bus station entrance

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Davie_UCF
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Vehicles stuck at bus station entrance

Post by Davie_UCF »

I've got 6 buses stuck ontop of each other at a bus station. From what I understand the game might be bugged now, I have been using the save game to experiment so i've added a few newgrfs in mid game, I think this can cause issues?
Also running cityAI. When I first discovered the stuck buses there was also a cityAI vehicle there, I removed the City AI using console command stop_ai, which I thought would solve the blockage, but no luck.

Is there any way to force delete them? with a console command or something? or am I doomed? I'm quite attached to this save game even though i've been messing with it.
openttd 4r.jpg
openttd 4r.jpg (89.05 KiB) Viewed 1515 times
East of England/East Anglia scenario/map released!! http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=205440#205440
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Vehicles stuck at bus station entrance

Post by 2TallTyler »

There's a missing tile just outside the bus station, I bet they cannot leave without a place to go.

If you replace the tile and that still does not work, you could try sending them to a depot.
Davie_UCF
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Davie_UCF »

The screenshot is misleading. I had deleted the road in my efforts to fix it, thinking putting it back would kick the buses back into life... It didn't.
Tried turning them round, skipping orders, send to depot

At the moment the tile is still empty and the road routes around it, leaving the buses there stuck forever.

It's happened at another bus station too but the rest of my vehicles are fine.

Surely there's a way to delete them?

I am wondering if I can destroy them with a train? But if they're not technically on the deleted tile I don't think it'll work. I suppose I'll try tomorrow.
East of England/East Anglia scenario/map released!! http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=205440#205440
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

No, you won't be able to crash these buses with a train. Only a disaster (flooding and probably mine collapse) can destroy a bus stop with a vehicle on it. Also, a small UFO could probably snatch the bus from any road tile.

Did you try deleting all orders in the order list?

Have you added any road add-ons? Could it be that these buses cannot use this particular road type, or their speed limit is zero km/h?

Adding and removing add-ons is widely known to cause problems. Next time, make a backup before your attempt.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Post a save game and somebody might be able to fix it. No promises though
Davie_UCF
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Davie_UCF »

Tried deleting orders and adding the road back in. I don't think I changed any road types and if I did it was when making the scenario/map originally.

Save file attached :) appreciate any help. USing JGR patch pack 0.57.0

(added a newer save with the two locations vehicle windows pinned
Attachments
Ninborough Transport, 1926-11-05.sav
(789.11 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

OK, there is something severely broken in your save. Contact JGR to see if he can analyze and fix it, but be prepared to be told that it's a lost cause.

I had something similar happen to me about a decade ago while using the Chillcore Patch Pack, and it was because I was swapping NewGRFs in the middle of an active game, which is very much a guaranteed way to break your game. It was unable to be rescued, and I lost a game that I had spent three years of my life building. I was utterly crushed. I didn't play again for almost a year after that.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

According to my experience, it is probably a change in road graphics... Sometimes it is enough to turn off unwanted roads - polroad, Slovak bus set....
Sometimes there's a chance to fix it, but I've already had to delete a few games too. I would say this will be one of the riskiest things, as well as changing industries.
And after looking at the game, I'm clear.
Timberwolf road vehicles, and a set of roads is missing!
So basically they have nothing to ride on. Obviously, this is not the only change. But just removing a set of roads is serious enough.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Davie_UCF wrote: 21 Feb 2024 19:06 Tried deleting orders and adding the road back in. I don't think I changed any road types and if I did it was when making the scenario/map originally.

Most likely road vehicles were deleted when they were occupying the road stop, resulting in the road stop bays being left marked occupied.
I've cleared the occupancy state for the road stops.
The next release should fix this case so that the road stop is marked as unoccupied automatically when vehicles which are in it are deleted.
Attachments
Ninborough Transport, 1926-11-15.sav
(789.41 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Davie_UCF
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Davie_UCF »

JGR wrote: 21 Feb 2024 23:03
Davie_UCF wrote: 21 Feb 2024 19:06 Tried deleting orders and adding the road back in. I don't think I changed any road types and if I did it was when making the scenario/map originally.

Most likely road vehicles were deleted when they were occupying the road stop, resulting in the road stop bays being left marked occupied.
The next release should fix this case so that the road stop is marked as unoccupied automatically when vehicles which are in it are deleted.
Aaah!
The only time road vehicles would be deleted is when CityAI goes bankrupt or is removed, which has happened a few times in my game
I noticed their vehicles use my bus stops or depots to turn round. Might be a setting I had turned on, like infrastructure sharing ?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Davie_UCF wrote: 21 Feb 2024 23:12
JGR wrote: 21 Feb 2024 23:03

Aaah!
The only time road vehicles would be deleted is when CityAI goes bankrupt or is removed, which has happened a few times in my game
I noticed their vehicles use my bus stops or depots to turn round. Might be a setting I had turned on, like infrastructure sharing ?
Yes, if infrastructure sharing is turned on for road vehicles, road vehicles can use stops owned by other companies.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

kamnet wrote: 21 Feb 2024 20:50 OK, there is something severely broken in your save. Contact JGR to see if he can analyze and fix it, but be prepared to be told that it's a lost cause.

I had something similar happen to me about a decade ago while using the Chillcore Patch Pack, and it was because I was swapping NewGRFs in the middle of an active game, which is very much a guaranteed way to break your game. It was unable to be rescued, and I lost a game that I had spent three years of my life building. I was utterly crushed. I didn't play again for almost a year after that.
I 'member that sad day ...
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”