NUTS link down?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

amodbam
Engineer
Engineer

NUTS link down?

Post by amodbam »

Hello All,

I've played OpenTTD a while back. Trying to play again but I'm not able to get my hands on NUTS train set, the link seems to be down. Can someone please point me to the right link?
The one I had is: http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/ur-trains

Any new train sets that work with BSPI?

Thanks in advance.
-AB
kamnet

Re: NUTS link down?

Post by kamnet »

NUTS is available via the in-game content download system. Latest version is 0.8.6, which appears newer than what V453000 has on his GitHub account at https://github.com/V453000/NUTS

Most NewGRF sets should be compatible with BSPI since the cargo system became standardized over a decade ago.
amodbam
Engineer
Engineer

Post by amodbam »

Thanks for the quick help and sharing the link.
BSPI and NUTS so I am all set :)

I haven't quite figured out how to use the in-game download. I only see a bunch of obsolete GRFs.
A lot has changed in the game... will take some time to figure it out.

Thanks again.
-AB
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The files that you see in the in-game content download service will be the latest that are compatible with the version of OpenTTD that you're running. If you're using a particularly old version then files marked as "obsolete" by their creators might be the the only ones you see. I would highly suggest making sure that you're using the current stable release, OpenTTD 13.4.

And the reason you see this is that, due to various reasons, the in-game service doesn't let authors delete old NewGRFs or NewGRFs that are no longer updated or supported, so some authors rename them to "obsolete" or whatever and then release new versions with a new ID number for them.
amodbam
Engineer
Engineer

Post by amodbam »

I uninstalled whatever version I had and got the 13.4. Deleted all previous version files and also changed name of new install to ensure fresh install. I still see only a few GRFs, see attached.
I also got the Android mobile app and there I do see a huge GRF list and online content.

Any idea what might be going wrong with the PC game's download link ?

Thanks,
-AB
Attachments
GRFs.png
GRFs.png (46.38 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
Last edited by amodbam on 07 Feb 2024 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

This is very weird. You might want to file a bug report on the official GitHub repository.

Also, try downloading the OpenTTD 14.0 beta 3 release, see if it changes anything.
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skc »

amodbam wrote: 07 Feb 2024 21:03 I uninstalled whatever version I had and got the 13.4. Deleted all previous version files and also changed name of new install to ensure fresh install. I still see only a few GRFs, see attached.
I also got the Android mobile app and there I do see a huge GRF list and online content.

Any idea what might be going wrong with the PC game's download link ?

Thanks,
-AB
If you have selected a saved game to load and don't have the required GRF's, clicking on "Find missing content online" will show you a list of only the GRF's which are missing - which again could account for why you're seeing such a short list.

Also, it looks like you might've clicked on "NewGRF Settings" on the main menu and then clicked on the "Check Online Content" button in there. When I do that, I get content results only of type "NewGRF", but a LOT more results than you're showing
If instead you click on "Check Online Content" on the main menu, you should get all the different types of content, including AI's, Game Scripts, NewGRF's, Heightmaps, Scenarios, and Base graphics, music & sounds.
amodbam
Engineer
Engineer

Post by amodbam »

Sorry for the late response.

After some debugging and checking more posts on this forum, it turns out that some virus/malware protection software was blocking UDP ports required for Bananas. It works fine now.

Thanks again.
-AB

Return to “General OpenTTD”