Is it possible to have the good old fashioned mini window?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Bles
Engineer
Engineer

Is it possible to have the good old fashioned mini window?

Post by Bles »

Yo Transport Tycoon (Deluxe) fans,

Maybe I am asking a very silly question here. I simply seldom play computer games. Anyways, is it possible to get somehow the good old fashioned mini windows of a vehicle in the traditional as it was in the original Transport Tycoon Deluxe? As I attached to this message. I found the image here at the OpenTTD manual:
https://wiki.openttd.org/en/Archive/Man ... 20Features
At the almost bottom of the page.
As this is the OpenTTD manual, I would think that it is possible to make it in the original fashion.

Thanks for your help.
Attachments
Mini_window.JPG
Mini_window.JPG (17.08 KiB) Viewed 674 times
kamnet

Re: Is it possible to have the good old fashioned mini window?

Post by kamnet »

The window still exists. It has a few new features added but it works just like it always has.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

It's rather that the manual hasn't been updated since the window layout was changed a while ago.
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello

As said before, the UI of this window (and a few more similar windows) changed a bit. The button to jump to the place of the vehicle resides in the top right corner and the renaming button to the top left corner of the title bar (the yellow one in your screenshot).

If you, as an every-when-and-then-player, are surprised that the window does not open automatically when you buy a new vehicle, this can be reactivated in the settings. Clicking on the vehicle in the main view or in any of the lists opens the vehicle window anyway.

Tschö, Auge
Bles
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bles »

Thanks everybody for the swift reply.
It is clear that the mini window is still there, with the same functionality and features added. I actually mean if it is possible to have the old mini window. The one with the eye icon top right, followed by the other remaining icons. Is there a way to get it back as it used to be?
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

All the same buttons are there, except the eye button got moved to a pin button in the window caption.

If it's just that the icons are different, it's because you're using a different graphics baseset than the original game graphics.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
Bles wrote: 06 Feb 2024 18:50 I actually mean if it is possible to have the old mini window. The one with the eye icon top right, followed by the other remaining icons. Is there a way to get it back as it used to be?
No, as far as I know it is not possible to switch back to the old window.

Tschö, Auge

Return to “General OpenTTD”