BSPI.grf - Stockpiling Industries

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: BSPI.grf - Stockpiling Industries

Post by Argus »

That in a nutshell is what I so clumsily wanted to write :)
I'll add that even Openttd is not graphically compatible with the original Ttd, and it's not even possible due to rights - so if you don't have the original CD, as I read, there is a certain procedure to install the old graphics.
There is still TTO full conversion, but even that is not fully compatible, I think. Because the core is still openttd and if you put it under Jgr patchpack... The game mechanics will be completely different from the original DOS game anyway.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The question being asked is if the set is designed so that it just calls on the generic base set sprites for the ground tiles, rather than directly borrow the OpenGFX sprites. The difference is if it is calling on just the base set tiles, if your base graphics set is OpenGFX, or Original TTD, or zBase, etc, then it will be those graphics that come through.

And I believe the answer to that is no. And AFAIK there's not a lot of sets that actually do this because most of them are being designed explicitly to be compatible with OpenGFX (which is what most people play with right now), it's just easier to do that.
Borg
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Borg »

Tante2k wrote: 19 Aug 2023 23:56 This GRF looks like an absolute blast. Can't belive I hadn't heard about it before now.

Is this fully compatible with the original TTD GRFs?
If you talk about orginal TTD graphics then yes. I play only using orginal TTD data.
luk3Z
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by luk3Z »

BSPI - one of my fav. addons for OTTD :)
Find new graphics easier:
GRFCrawler -> http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net
BaNaNaS -> https://bananas.openttd.org/
32 bit gfx in OTTD (32bpp) -> https://wiki.openttd.org/en/Community/N ... 20graphics
TTDPatch 2.6 -> viewtopic.php?f=19&t=67694
How to subtract tax from income (workaround) -> viewtopic.php?t=89763&start=20
How to ban distance from income -> Simple Cargo Decay Override
varazir
Engineer
Engineer

Post by varazir »

I was hoping this going to be easy to start out with but I don't understand the power mechanic
Found it watching a video from LugnutsK he don't talk that much about the power mechanic

I have this

Paremeter1 = 6

How can I make the power go from one city to another ?
TIA
Daniel
Borg
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Borg »

You cannot. That is limitation of OpenTTD itself. Power girds are limited to Town Zones.
So, if you have industry within given town zone that need power, you need to spawn
Power Plant near the town.

I see that you play with quite a dense amount of cities. If you want to utilize power grid zones,
I suggest to have minimal amount of cities on MAP. That way, town zones are large and cover a lot
of industries.

Return to “Graphics Releases”