new problem

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Paulica Windrunner
Engineer
Engineer

new problem

Post by Paulica Windrunner »

i want early roads but only grf is total town replacement but tht grf makes the banks look like coal mine pullies
is there another grf tht just changes the roads to fit the 1880s
kamnet

Re: new problem

Post by kamnet »

You've modified NewGRFs in the middle of an active game. This game is now broken. Start a new game loaded with the NewGRFs you desire to use, and don't change them in the middle of a game.
Paulica Windrunner
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Paulica Windrunner »

no ive not started the game yet when i lay industries with the total town replacement i get funky banks but the roads i want but to get the banks back i have to remove the grf from the list but get modern roads i want the raods from the total town replace without it messing the bank building look up
so i am still in editor mode
had less hassel getting skyrim and fallpout 4 to work with over 200 mods lol
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

the editor is considered a "running game" in this context. you have to start a completely new map if you want to switch NewGRFs.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Get a roadtype GRF like RattRoads. If you don't want new roadtypes, get an older one that just replaces the textures, for example ARRS has nice dirt roads.

TTRS tries to do too many things at once, this is why it's better to keep separate features in separate GRFs. TTRS is also very old and there are much newer and more refined town building GRFs out there.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I would just add that Skyrim and Fallout 4 are new games where mods were considered. Openttd is built on a game that is very old and the possibility of modifications was not considered at the time. And I doubt that in Skyrim or Fallout mods can be changed at will during the game. :)

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”