JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by JGR »

OTTD0143 wrote: 17 Nov 2022 17:48 Hi JGR,

I found an error here. whenever I click on line 13 in the ship's timetable, the game crashes. The log is attached here. Is just a test game, so nothing special.

I actually want the ship to go to the depot after 9 pm (conditional order) but otherwise makes its rounds. Unfortunately, this did not work and then I came up with this order to try out what happens.

This is a translation from Google Translate. English is not my mother tongue.

Regards Mike

crash_jgrpp-0.49.1-win64.zip

Originaler Text:
Hallo JGR,

ich habe hier einen Fehler gefunden. immer wenn ich im Fahrplan des Schiffes auf die Zeile 13 klicke dann stürzt das Spiel ab. Das Log hängt hier mit dran.
Ist nur ein Test Spiel, also nichts besonderes.

Ich möchte eigentlich das dass Schiff nach 21 Uhr ins Depot fährt (bedingter Auftrag) sonst aber seine Runden dreht. Das funktionierte leider nicht und dann bin ich auf diesen Auftrag gekommen um auszuprobieren was passiert.

Das ist eine Übersetzung von Google Translate. Englisch ist nicht meine Muttersprache.

Viele Grüße
Mike
Thanks for reporting this. It is fixed and will be in the next release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
OTTD0143
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OTTD0143 »

Thanks for fixing.

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for the really great work. The patch pack is really fun. The only thing missing for me is the decoupled patch. Thank you for your work.

Regards Mike

Originaler Text:
Danke.

Ich möchte an dieser Stelle einmal Danke sagen, für die wirklich tolle Arbeit. Das Patchpack macht richtig Spaß.

Das einzige was für mich noch fehlt ist der Entkuppel-Patch.

Danke für Deine Arbeit.
OTTD0143
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OTTD0143 »

Hi JGR,

I have a suggestion.

I like to work with conditional jumps and here there are too few free possibilities. In the settings there are only 3 options.
- Giving up
- assuming they will be taken
- assuming they will not be taken

A few settings would also allow another possibility:
- Calculate if possible, otherwise giving up
- Calculate if possible, otherwise assuming they will be taken
- Calculate if possible, otherwise assuming they will not be taken

Possible variants for the calculation would be:
- Maximum speed
- Age (years)
- Current time/date

These values depend only on the timetable and can be calculated far in advance. So that the time always fits, you can add the delay to both values, and thus achieve that the jump happens in the right place. Now it is just that the departure board does not show the departure at 15:00.
Wrenfingbridge Transport, 27th May 1944#1.png
(1.83 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Regards Mike

Originaler Text:

Hallo JGR,

ich habe mal einen Vorschlag.

Ich arbeite gerne mit bedingten Sprüngen und hier gibt es mit zu wenig freie Möglichkeiten. In den Einstellungen gibt es nur 3 Möglichkeiten.

- giving up
- assuming they will be taken
- assuming they will not be taken

Ein paar Einstellungen würden aber auch eine weitere Möglichkeit zulassen:

- Berechne wenn möglich, sonst giving up
- Berechne wenn möglich, sonst assuming they will be taken
- Berechne wenn möglich, sonst assuming they will not be taken

Möglich Varianten zur Berechnung wären hier:
- Maximum Speed
- Age (years)
- Current time/date

Diese Werte sind ja nur vom Fahrplan abhängig und lassen sich doch weit voraus berechnen. Damit die Zeit immer passt kann man ja die Verspätung auf beide Werte addieren, und somit erreichen dass der Sprung an der richtigen Stelle passiert.

Jetzt ist es eben so, dass die Abfahrtstafel die Abfahrt um 15:00 Uhr nicht anzeigt.

Viele Grüße
Mike
Last edited by OTTD0143 on 18 Nov 2022 13:37, edited 2 times in total.
OTTD0143
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OTTD0143 »

Hey JGR,

I noticed something else on the departure boards.

This is best seen in the picture.
Line 2 of the timetable shows the correct departure time (1:20 p.m.). Unfortunately, the calculation of the arrival and departure times is wrong, because the value 1:22 p.m. is displayed there.
This is due to the time spent in the train station (which is exactly 2 minutes). See picture 1
Bild_1.png
(2.02 MiB) Not downloaded yet
If I set the stay time to 0 (and the time on the way before) then the times are displayed correctly. See picture 2
Bild_2.png
(2.01 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Is this a mistake, or is there no other way to implement it?

Regards Mike
Mike
Test-Time_Table_1.sav
(77.4 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Originaler Text:
Hey JGR,

bei den Abfahrtstafeln ist mir noch etwas aufgefallen.

Dies sieht man am besten auf dem Bild.
Im Fahrplan sieht man in Zeile 2 die korrekte Abfahrtszeit (13:20 Uhr). Die Berechnung der Ankunfts- und Abfahrtszeiten ist leider falsch, denn dort wird der Wert 13:22 Uhr angezeigt.
Bedingt wird dies durch die Aufenthaltszeit im Bahnhof (das sind genau die 2 Minuten). Siehe Bild 1

Wenn ich die Aufenthaltszeit auf 0 setze (und die Zeit auf den Weg davor) dann werden die Zeiten korrekt angezeigt. Siehe Bild 2

Ist die ein Fehler, oder geht dies nicht anders umzusetzen?

Viele Grüße
Micha
Dr. B. Ching
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr. B. Ching »

Thanks for providing this patch pack! Had a lot of fun playing through my Fortune Bay scenario again. Two observations though:
  • How does distance factor into equal distribution for freight? The descriptions implies just that, but in my game distance definitely appeared to have a significant impact. Sometimes with unpredictable and rather frustrating results.
  • Just a very minor thing, but it would be nice if pathfinding of dual-mode road vehicles could be influenced in some way other than waypoints. Have DM trolleybuses prefer electrified routes and apply a penalty to diesel detours or whatever.
My scenarios for JGRpp: Motor City (1910), Fortune Bay (1993)
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

OTTD0143 wrote: 18 Nov 2022 13:43 Hey JGR,

I noticed something else on the departure boards.

This is fixed now it will be in the next release.
Dr. B. Ching wrote: 22 Nov 2022 14:37 Thanks for providing this patch pack! Had a lot of fun playing through my Fortune Bay scenario again. Two observations though:
  • How does distance factor into equal distribution for freight? The descriptions implies just that, but in my game distance definitely appeared to have a significant impact. Sometimes with unpredictable and rather frustrating results.
  • Just a very minor thing, but it would be nice if pathfinding of dual-mode road vehicles could be influenced in some way other than waypoints. Have DM trolleybuses prefer electrified routes and apply a penalty to diesel detours or whatever.
Each accepting station in the graph is allocated an equal share of the total supply. Demand between producing and accepting stations is allocated in order of shortest distance between then until the producing station's supply is used, or the accepting station's demand is met. Generally it doesn't matter that much exactly which producing stations are associated with which accepting stations for supply cargoes as long as the total quantities are sensible, and the above approach produces reasonable results whilst not being computationally expensive.
What sort of topology are you using that you're having trouble?

This would probably need NewGRF support to request this behaviour, it doesn't seem like something that could be enabled in any useful way for all NRT GRFs. Probably the pathfinder would also need modifications.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Dr. B. Ching
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr. B. Ching »

Thanks for the explanation! It would explain why far-away stations (in TTD terms) never received any cargo. Cargo flow statistics (right-click) were a good starting point, but appeared to be fluctuating sometimes and not always in line with what the vehicles were actually doing (indicated as overloaded yet multiple trucks waiting at the station for a long time). Daylength factor of 75 could be a contributing factor, I suppose? Overall fairly simple stuff, like a local distribution center of farm or engineering supplies from one producer or connecting a number of cargo sinks to one brewery or stockyard. Anyhow, knowing what I know now, I'd have to do more testing to see if there's an actual problem or not because I don't want to waste your time.
My scenarios for JGRpp: Motor City (1910), Fortune Bay (1993)
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Is it possible to specify which road the game chooses as a public road or town road?
I play with the STFX Slovak bus set, where there is a pedestrian zone. The game at the time of generation gave this road as both urban and public, therefore it is not possible to operate traffic, cities initially do not allow the reconstruction of roads.
Denswillow
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Denswillow »

Hi, found a new bug in version 49.1.
Attachments
crash-20221125T152947Z.png
(451.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
crash-20221125T152947Z.sav
(7.51 MiB) Downloaded 36 times
crash 25.11.txt
(92.6 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Hey JGR,

Found a quartet of bugs. Recently upgraded from 0.48.0 to newest version, the bugs didn't occur back then.
As far as I can see they're all visual only and thus very minor impact, but they can cause some confusion on the user part.

#1 - Some station tiles used to have border fences depending on context in which they were used, some of them now default to "never use". While this may look like a GRF issue, there were no GRF changes coinciding with the update, and the issue didn't occur back in 0.48.0.

#2 - Wrong station tile ID used, the info shows the tile in question (directly next to the station building, used to be crossing with stairs leading to the building)

#3 - The route line visualisation utility interprets "go to nearest depot" as "go to a specific depot" (and picks whatever ship depot was convenient for the trains in question).

#4 - I haven''t had the presence of mind to screenshot this one and I've yet to try to replicate it, but I've had a PBS signal display "path set" aspect when I modified a rail junction behind it. No train was in either the crossing or any adjacent rail blocks. Looks like it was purely visual, but it made me go "WTF is going on" for a minute.
Attachments
BUGS! Grab your Morita and get on the firing line, maggot!.PNG
The trains should go to that ship depot.. at least, that's what the line graph tells me.
(132.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I wish I had a "before" shot
I wish I had a "before" shot
Missing station railings.PNG (89.71 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
wrong station tile drawn.PNG
wrong station tile drawn.PNG (94.09 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
My visits on the forums are sporadic only, so PMs may go unanswered for a long time. If you wish to report a bug etc., the best option is via DM or ping on r/Openttd Discord
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Argus wrote: 25 Nov 2022 13:14 Is it possible to specify which road the game chooses as a public road or town road?
I play with the STFX Slovak bus set, where there is a pedestrian zone. The game at the time of generation gave this road as both urban and public, therefore it is not possible to operate traffic, cities initially do not allow the reconstruction of roads.
This is controlled by the GRF which provides the road types.
Probably a bug report should be raised with the GRF author if they've set an unusable road type as a road type to be built by towns.
Denswillow wrote: 25 Nov 2022 15:36 Hi, found a new bug in version 49.1.
This is fixed and will be in the next release.

Company 13 (Auto Association) has set going a load of useless vehicles with no orders, which have then acquired implicit orders.
I'd suggest getting rid of these vehicles.
Valdez wrote: 25 Nov 2022 18:15 Hey JGR,

Found a quartet of bugs. Recently upgraded from 0.48.0 to newest version, the bugs didn't occur back then.
As far as I can see they're all visual only and thus very minor impact, but they can cause some confusion on the user part.

#1 - Some station tiles used to have border fences depending on context in which they were used, some of them now default to "never use". While this may look like a GRF issue, there were no GRF changes coinciding with the update, and the issue didn't occur back in 0.48.0.

#2 - Wrong station tile ID used, the info shows the tile in question (directly next to the station building, used to be crossing with stairs leading to the building)
These appear to be the same bug, this is fixed and will be in the next release.
Valdez wrote: 25 Nov 2022 18:15 #3 - The route line visualisation utility interprets "go to nearest depot" as "go to a specific depot" (and picks whatever ship depot was convenient for the trains in question).
This is fixed and will be in the next release.
Valdez wrote: 25 Nov 2022 18:15 #4 - I haven''t had the presence of mind to screenshot this one and I've yet to try to replicate it, but I've had a PBS signal display "path set" aspect when I modified a rail junction behind it. No train was in either the crossing or any adjacent rail blocks. Looks like it was purely visual, but it made me go "WTF is going on" for a minute.
Have you got "Show path reservations for tracks" turned on? If not I'd suggest turning it on.
Are you using realistic braking?
If you manage to reproduce this I'll be sure to take a look.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Thank you, I wrote to the author of the road graphics. The problem arises with early starts, which he did not expect much due to the date of the first vehicle, and the earliest road is the pedestrian one. Interestingly, it also overcharges the settings of other road kits. Maybe they don't have a fixed city road...
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

A roadstop question ...
In the road menu we see two Susman Road class options. Each has a different name class selection.
Is it possible to have only one class with multiple name entries?

Why? Multiple common class entries seems to be redundant.
Attachments
Susmon Demo, Apr 14th, 2001.sav
(11.04 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

wallyweb wrote: 01 Dec 2022 05:14 A roadstop question ...
In the road menu we see two Susman Road class options. Each has a different name class selection.
Is it possible to have only one class with multiple name entries?

Why? Multiple common class entries seems to be redundant.
Can you send a screenshot of what the issue is, or attach the versions of the NewGRFs that are referenced by the save?

In general you should use the same class ID (i.e. property 8 ) if you want multiple specs to be grouped into the same class.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

VIP OOPS!!!
==========
I used different class IDs for each name. I think the problem is solved. Let me try that first.

It was a long night.
JGR wrote: 01 Dec 2022 09:07 Can you send a screenshot of what the issue is, or attach the versions of the NewGRFs that are referenced by the save?

In general you should use the same class ID (i.e. property 8 ) if you want multiple specs to be grouped into the same class.
Oops. Here are the GRFs ...

There is a similar issue with RoadStop Test.
Note that all of these files are very very Alpha.

EDIT2: That was it. The broken item was my brain.
Attachments
53_SusmonNRT_Alpha.grf
(128.01 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
55_RoadStop_Test.grf
(77.03 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
56_RoadTypesTemplate_D.grf
(169.49 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I ran into a bug where it looks like two houses from different newgrfs appear "within each other" in the same place, but I'm not sure if it was due to some changes. If it happens again even in a 100% clean game, I will report it. Specifically, a hospital from the Swedish building set and a Buddhist temple from Japanset3.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

I resolved the class issue.
Now I have a problem similar to here, which you fixed in 48.1.
Now the issue is between the Bus Station Orientation menu and the Truck Station Orientation menus such that both bus and truck stations appear in each menu.
Here is the GRF and the save (The other two GRFs posted earlier are still valid):
Attachments
53_SusmonNRT_Alpha.grf
(128.02 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Susmon Demo, Jul 12th, 2001.sav
(11 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

wallyweb wrote: 01 Dec 2022 18:40 I resolved the class issue.
Now the issue is between the Bus Station Orientation menu and the Truck Station Orientation menus such that both bus and truck stations appear in each menu.
Here is the GRF and the save (The other two GRFs posted earlier are still valid):
You can set property 9 to the value 2 for a road stop spec to be available for both passengers and freight (bus and truck stops).

See here
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

JGR wrote: 01 Dec 2022 20:36
wallyweb wrote: 01 Dec 2022 18:40 I resolved the class issue.
You can set property 9 to the value 2 for a road stop spec to be available for both passengers and freight (bus and truck stops).
Yes, I tried that again just now and the result was the same in that I still see passenger and freight stops in both passenger and freight station orientations The difference now being that all stops are buildable irregardless of the orientation menu.
At least with 0, only the passenger stops are buildable even though both passenger and freight appear together in the passenger orientation menu ...
and with 1, only the freight stops are buildable even though both passenger and freight appear together in the freight orientation menu.

Attachments
Susmon Demo, Jul 12th, 2001_Menus.png
A thousand words
(543.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Upon reflection ...
The default road stops handle the separation of passenger and freight sprites correctly.
My road stop grf handles the separation of passenger and freight sprites correctly.
The problem must lie with my implementation of my Susmon grf.
I have begun a significant rework of Susmon based around my successful road stop work.
Stay tuned for updates.
This may take a while.
Thanks for your patience.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”