Download not showing up?

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

CazadorSirenas
Engineer
Engineer

Download not showing up?

Post by CazadorSirenas »

Hello people!
Looking for some help, please. Just a couple hours ago I downloaded some boat content that doesn't seem to show up in the game. I have already read the FAQs and the installation wiki in case I didn't need to bother anyone... but here I am after all, ha ha :? . I've tried it starting a new game in all four climates, it doesn't appear; I removed all other content (only had 4 other downloads anyway) in case there was conflict or overlap, but still nothing.

Here, have some data:

File: Squid ate fish (was named FISH 2 in the online content tool)
Name: the .rar says "414e0201-FISH_2-2.0.3"
Version: upper bar in the game says "OpenTTD jgrpp-0.26.1"

Also, in case I get this to appear, these boats are supposed to have "speed parameters". I don't know what this means or how it's done, so any explanation would be highly appreciated, thanks.
kamnet

Re: Download not showing up?

Post by kamnet »

OpenTTD cannot read .rar archive files, only .tar archive files. Unpack the file inside the "newgrf" folder, you can unpack just the .grf file, or if there's other documentation you can unpack it all into a sub-folder.
CazadorSirenas
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CazadorSirenas »

... Man, for once I wished this was something more difficult to solve :oops: Now I feel stupid for bothering the community with something as silly as this.

Anyway, it worked and I got it to show up. Thanks a lot! If you bring some light about the missing tiles question, that would be awesome too.
Bankrupt
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bankrupt »

Hello, I have an issue with downloading the Game Scripts as well as GRFs. When I download the content, the game itself would say ‘download complete’, however, it will disappear when I try to add it to the settings and would go back to the not downloaded status.
Do give some tips or advises on how to troubleshoot this issue
Thanks!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Bankrupt wrote: 05 Sep 2023 05:58 Hello, I have an issue with downloading the Game Scripts as well as GRFs. When I download the content, the game itself would say ‘download complete’, however, it will disappear when I try to add it to the settings and would go back to the not downloaded status.
Do give some tips or advises on how to troubleshoot this issue
Thanks!
What version of OpenTTD are you running, and what OS are you using?

The only reason I can think of that the game says it has downloaded a file, but you go to install it and it's not there, is because your OS or another program such as antivirus or antimalware has jumped in and either blocked the file or deleted it because it's assumed it is a virus or compromised file. I'd suggest checking the logs of such programs to see if this would be the case.

The other instance where it might not be available is if the folder or drive partition where OpenTTD files are saved has been marked as unwritable, but if this happened you should be getting warning from your OS that it couldn't write the file to the drive.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”