Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2144 posts ]  Go to page Previous 199 100 101 102 103108 Next
 Post subject: Re: JGR's Patch Pack
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:19 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Ayo wrote:
Hi, is there a downloadable version of openttd with jgr's patch pack for MacOS? I'm programming illiterate so I wouldn't know how to compile it myself. Grateful for anyone who can post a link. Cheers!

I've compiled .29.2 and made a bundle for it. Works for me.
You are free to try if this works for your Mac as well, but no guarantees ^^

https://drive.google.com/open?id=169ifJIHHJQyRvw32zcVF8j0udgtpbgG-

Simply download the bundle-folder and start the App.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:10 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Just got around to downloading 29.2. Thanks for including the drag-to-purchase in 29.

Me, elsewhere

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:12 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Ro(V)eO wrote:
Ayo wrote:
Hi, is there a downloadable version of openttd with jgr's patch pack for MacOS? I'm programming illiterate so I wouldn't know how to compile it myself. Grateful for anyone who can post a link. Cheers!

Thank you so much! I will try this as soon as I get home today.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:39 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

another glitch i have noticed in 29.2

If your mouse is over an industry whilst in fast forward mode, then gently move the mouse around so its still on the industry but is moving around it. The small window that pops up with industry details flickers rapidly. This occurs until the mouse is clear of the industry. Keeping your mouse still and using keyboard to move around won't cause the flicker issue over industries.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:40 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Ro(V)eO wrote:
Ayo wrote:

I'm grateful for the reply, but the app doesn't work for me. It just say The application openttd cannot be opened. I'm running MacOS Mojave. Should that matter?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:12 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

I have now also managed to compile 0.29.2 for MacOS :D Not sure what did it exactly, but there have clearly been some fixes that have resolved any errors I had during compile. Thanks again for all your great work JGR! :bow:

There is one thing I noticed in older versions and it's still here in 0.29.2: timetable drift. On trains with 'long timetables' (a lot of stops and long duration) I have noticed that the schedule might jump by 1, 2 or even 3 minutes. I have 168 ticks per minute set in the 'Wall Clock' patch, so there is drift of at least 504 ticks. In practice I can see a train that is timetabled as follows:

Stop A, wait for 2 minutes - 10:00
Travel for 5 minutes - 10:02
Stop B, wait for 3 minutes - 10:07
Travel for 5 minutes - 10:10
(40 more stops follow)

During the trip the train will follow the timetable, but at seemingly random stops it will just push the whole timetable out by 1, 2 or even 3 minutes. To be clear: this is not in 'EXPECTED' mode, but in 'SCHEDULED' mode.

I'm not quite sure if this has to do with the 'Wall Clock' patch, but from a fundamental point it seems odd that the schedule should even change by a single tick. The schedule should be fixed and never change, no matter what. Or am I missing something?

PS: as soon as the train is back at it's starting point, the timetable will be reset by the 'Scheduled Dispatch' feature and the train will then stick to the timetable for a while until it starts drifting during the trip.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:32 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

arbr2 wrote:
I have now also managed to compile 0.29.2 for MacOS :D Not sure what did it exactly, but there have clearly been some fixes that have resolved any errors I had during compile. Thanks again for all your great work JGR! :bow:

Hi arbr2. Do you mind uploading your compiled version? I haven't found one that works for me, and I'm not a programmer and I have no idea how to compile. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:42 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

This station rating patch is from here, or something new in trunk?
How it is working? Using cargo classes?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:38 am 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Started a game on the recent version 0.29.2, game has a moment or two of freezing , no matter what size of map or GRF's loaded , was ok on previous version .Tried on Mac running Parallels and Windows 10 and a beefed up Windows 10 computer . Is it just me , both machines recently updated software or is it the recent version of OTTD , not tried a recent version .

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:08 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Redirect Left wrote:

If your mouse is over an industry whilst in fast forward mode, then gently move the mouse around so its still on the industry but is moving around it. The small window that pops up with industry details flickers rapidly. This occurs until the mouse is clear of the industry. Keeping your mouse still and using keyboard to move around won't cause the flicker issue over industries.

I'll look into this, thanks for letting me know.

McZapkie wrote:
This station rating patch is from here, or something new in trunk?
How it is working? Using cargo classes?

I wrote it. It adjusts the station rating calculation to have variable sensitivity to how long cargo has been waiting, depending on the class of cargo.
e.g. passenger waiting times have an increased effect on the station rating, bulk cargoes have a reduced effect.

piratescooby wrote:
Started a game on the recent version 0.29.2, game has a moment or two of freezing , no matter what size of map or GRF's loaded , was ok on previous version .Tried on Mac running Parallels and Windows 10 and a beefed up Windows 10 computer . Is it just me , both machines recently updated software or is it the recent version of OTTD , not tried a recent version .

I'll look into this, thanks for letting me know.

Dad-Coder since April 2018

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:07 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

EDIT
Whoops! Posted without reading up on the thread first :oops: Leaving it here for future reference
/EDIT

Hi JGR! Thanks for the latest update!

When I try to compile on mac, the following error occurs:
Code:
[SRC] Compiling saveload/extended_ver_sl.cpp
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/saveload/extended_ver_sl.cpp:197:16: error:
      redeclaration of '_sl_version' with a different type: 'uint16'
      (aka 'unsigned short') vs 'SaveLoadVersion'
        extern uint16 _sl_version;
                      ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/saveload/saveload.h:908:25: note:
      previous declaration is here
        extern SaveLoadVersion _sl_version;
                               ^
1 error generated.
make[1]: *** [saveload/extended_ver_sl.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

Maybe related? (from the latest change log)
Fix loading of bridges from Spring 2013 Patchpack savegames (v2.1.147 and later).

No problems on MinGW.
Previous version compiles just fine on both (0.29.1)

I'm hoping this will help you!
Greetings,
Vincent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:52 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

vincentkoevoets wrote:
EDIT
Whoops! Posted without reading up on the thread first :oops: Leaving it here for future reference
/EDIT

Hi JGR! Thanks for the latest update!

When I try to compile on mac, the following error occurs:
Code:
[SRC] Compiling saveload/extended_ver_sl.cpp
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/saveload/extended_ver_sl.cpp:197:16: error:
      redeclaration of '_sl_version' with a different type: 'uint16'
      (aka 'unsigned short') vs 'SaveLoadVersion'
        extern uint16 _sl_version;
                      ^
/Users/koevoets/downloads/openttd-patches/src/saveload/saveload.h:908:25: note:
      previous declaration is here
        extern SaveLoadVersion _sl_version;
                               ^
1 error generated.
make[1]: *** [saveload/extended_ver_sl.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

Maybe related? (from the latest change log)
Fix loading of bridges from Spring 2013 Patchpack savegames (v2.1.147 and later).

No problems on MinGW.
Previous version compiles just fine on both (0.29.1)

I'm hoping this will help you!
Greetings,
Vincent

Thanks for reporting this; this issue has already been fixed though. If you compile the most recent commit instead, it should work.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:04 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Redirect Left wrote:

This should be fixed now. It'll be in the next release, thanks for letting me know.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:09 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

JGR wrote:
Thanks for reporting this; this issue has already been fixed though. If you compile the most recent commit instead, it should work.

Sorry mate, I posted first, and read up on the thread later.
Compiles just fine with the commit!
Thanks man for your never ending efforts!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:37 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

piratescooby wrote:

Are you using any GRFs? Does there appear to be a pattern for when this occurs (monthly, yearly, every N days, etc.)? Can you provide a savegame?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:12 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Is it possible to change 'new orders are non-stop by default' to be settings saved in a game?
I mean, multiplayer server should enforce such settings.
Currently, infrastructure sharing + cargodist + new users with default 'go to' == horrible mess.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:21 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

McZapkie wrote:
Is it possible to change 'new orders are non-stop by default' to be settings saved in a game?
I mean, multiplayer server should enforce such settings.
Currently, infrastructure sharing + cargodist + new users with default 'go to' == horrible mess.

I'd have thought that it'd probably better to add a game/server setting to disable creating orders which aren't non-stop entirely.
I'll look into it.
Edit: Done

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:20 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Hi JGR

A small bug report concerning custom bridge head + signals ; playing in multiplayer, with JGR 0.29.2

in the screen, the train that reserved a path through the Numazu station is in fact stopped at the signal, and wait for a free path, even though it did reserve successfully its path.

What happened is that when that train arrived on the signal to make it s reservation there was a train on the parrallel track, allready passign through its signal.
reservation of path seems to have worked. but train stopped at signal and stayed there for no apparent reason (only ignore signal would make it move)

I did manage to reproduce it, always in that configuration of two parralel custom bridgehead sharing one of the custom head. It also happens with block signal, as i experienced in the middle of a double track mainline with no junction at all.

On top of that, when upgrading one of those parrallel custome headed bridge i have seen a few time one of the tracks goes from narrow gauge to standard gauge, tricky cause hard to see, and creating havoc with trains getting lost ofc.

For the grf setup, we use the japan set, but also some other track set, so if you it s unreproduceable on your side, i ll provide you the full list of grf, and a save where it should be easy to reproduce (the setup still exist, i only removed the signals from the bridge so i don t get constant jams )

Attachments:
File comment: with this one i had the path signal problem.
Kita Tokaido, 24 Jan 1958.png [433.9 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
File comment: with this setup, i get the standard gauge track bug when upgrading the right side bridge. (and i thought i had the problem here with block signal...but it must have been somewhere else as the signal on those bridge have been working properly since a while )
Tokai Transportation Corp., 3 Mai 1959.png [147.64 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:07 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

romazoon wrote:
Hi JGR

A small bug report concerning custom bridge head + signals ; playing in multiplayer, with JGR 0.29.2

in the screen, the train that reserved a path through the Numazu station is in fact stopped at the signal, and wait for a free path, even though it did reserve successfully its path.

What happened is that when that train arrived on the signal to make it s reservation there was a train on the parrallel track, allready passign through its signal.
reservation of path seems to have worked. but train stopped at signal and stayed there for no apparent reason (only ignore signal would make it move)

I did manage to reproduce it, always in that configuration of two parralel custom bridgehead sharing one of the custom head. It also happens with block signal, as i experienced in the middle of a double track mainline with no junction at all.

On top of that, when upgrading one of those parrallel custome headed bridge i have seen a few time one of the tracks goes from narrow gauge to standard gauge, tricky cause hard to see, and creating havoc with trains getting lost ofc.

For the grf setup, we use the japan set, but also some other track set, so if you it s unreproduceable on your side, i ll provide you the full list of grf, and a save where it should be easy to reproduce (the setup still exist, i only removed the signals from the bridge so i don t get constant jams )

Thanks for letting me know about this
I've committed fixes which should address both of these issues. They'll be in the next release.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:34 am 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

JGR wrote:
piratescooby wrote:

Are you using any GRFs? Does there appear to be a pattern for when this occurs (monthly, yearly, every N days, etc.)? Can you provide a savegame?

Sorry no save , was a random event , even when paused would freeze when laying track .I tried with and without GRF's .

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2144 posts ]  Go to page Previous 199 100 101 102 103108 Next