FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Development

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

RichardJGE
Engineer
Engineer

Re: FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Development & Translations

Post by RichardJGE »

After a few months break due to work, I have been able to play with the latest release of FIRS. The work put into it is great; I am really looking forward to setting up several chemical supply lines.

Regards,
R.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Bug report in FIRS base strings:

Code: Select all

STR_EXTRA_SUPPLY_YARD:               {BLACK}Cargo production:{} 8 crates per 8t goods delivered{} 8 crates per 8,000l petroleum fuels delivered{} {STRING}
Goods should be crates, not tons.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

For people using OpenTTD 1.6.0-RC1 (or a similar nightly build), there is now a FIRS 2.0.0-RC1 on bananas :)

I bumped the grfid, so you can't simply update FIRS 1.x, instead search for "FIRS 2" on bananas and get the new version.

Changes are substantial ;) http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/firs/rel ... gelog.html

Not savegame-compatible at all with FIRS v1.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Well done! Cant use it at the moment due the ongoing game, but the graphical (as probably the coding) work is unbelievable! 8)
I want to point out that in some reason I cant get the last "Vineyard" appear at Your homepage!

as I once... I am still whining about the Arctic Basic where there are no Steel Mill and Power station :cry:
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Great job. Thanks for the new version of FIRS :))
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

ISA wrote:... I am still whining about the Arctic Basic where there are no Steel Mill and Power station :cry:
And no fish either :(

It's really nice work, but as soon as the dust has settled around 2.x, I'm gonna grab the source and hack my own arctic industry set. That's one of the great things with open source.
Ogre
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ogre »

andythenorth wrote:Is FIRS translation for your language up to date? :D
https://translator.openttdcoop.org/project/firs
A release is coming... "soon" ... now would be a good time for translations ;)
Since I am not a registered translator for german (yet!), I would like to suggest "Massenguthafen" for Bulk Terminal. See

http://www.rbt-duisburg.de/

"Überseehafen" has no reference to bulk cargo, (a port with mostly overseas destinations could be translated with "Überseehafen")

Addition: I don't know if it is intentionally, but the production of the oil refinery seems to be the double it should be. If you deliver 600.000 litres of crude oil, you get 450.000 litres of both petrol and chemicals. This makes the plant capable of producing 12 litres out of 8 litres :shock:
The pessimist sees the darkness in the tunnel.
The optimist sees the light at the end of the tunnel.
The realist sees the light coming closer...
The engineer sees three fools in front of his train on the track in the tunnel.
Alkel U3
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Alkel U3 »

I noticed an inconsistency in units used for cargo Nuts where sacks are used in one place and tons in another. It looks like the sacks weigh a ton each - wouldn't want to lug those around the plantation :)

STR_CARGO_UNIT_NUTS :{SIGNED_WORD} sack{P 0 "" s} of nuts
STR_EXTRA_FOOD_PROCESSING_PLANT_NUTS_SUBSTR :6t per 8t nuts delivered{}
Also, I can't submit Czech translations containing plurals for FIRS, giving me an error when I try to submit one.

Error: {P ..} cannot be used without defining the plural type with ##plural
frosch123 on #openttdcoop.devzone wrote:i have the suspicion it is broken for projects, which had a czech translation before eints was a thing
[/s]
edit: fixed - thanks, frosch
TTFTCUTS
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TTFTCUTS »

Something's up with the temperate basic metal workshop - I'm delivering approximately 1700 tonnes of metal a month and it's only making about 200 crates of goods. The info says 6 crates per 8t metal delivered, so I'd expect to be seeing a bit over 630 crates (1700 * (6/8) * 0.5) unless I'm mistaken?

Looks like it's making 2 crates per 8t with the numbers I'm seeing (1700 * (2/8) * 0.5 = 212.5).

Edit: Checked the code and sure enough:

processed_cargos_and_output_ratios=[('STEL', 2), ('RFPR', 2)],
Attachments
metalworkshop.png
metalworkshop.png (257.65 KiB) Viewed 801 times
-3s-
Engineer
Engineer

Post by -3s- »

Thanks for FIRS 2.0.2, I really like playing again OpenTTD after a few years.

I play it with DBSet (DBXL) and there was a FIRS-update for the train-set. At first, it didn't fully work with FIRS 2.0.2. as "Scrap" could not be transported and "Coal" is depicted as yellow cargo (grain). I managed to edit the FIRS-update for DBSet so it can transport "Scrap", however I still have the "yellow coal". When I use DBSet with FIRS 1.4.4, "Coal" as cargo is as it should be black.

Is there something changed in the way FIRS deals with cargo in version 2.0.2? And how can I adapt the DBSet FIRS-update to it? I am not really proficient with NewGRF coding, but trying to solve it so I can experience both FIRS and DBSet in its full glory :)
Attachments
openttd.png
openttd.png (170.88 KiB) Viewed 2834 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Yes, FIRS 2.0 changed cargo labels, and as such is not backwards compatible with older versions. Vehicle set authors will need to update for compatibility with FIRS 2.0. If you are making edits to your own personal copy of DBXL set yourself, you'll need to look through the FIRS 2.0 documentation to learn what needs to be changed, or you need to wait for Michael Blunck to update it himself.

Alternately, you might want to consider using the Iron Horse set or OpenGFX+ Trains, which have compatible vehicles.
-3s-
Engineer
Engineer

Post by -3s- »

kamnet wrote:Yes, FIRS 2.0 changed cargo labels, and as such is not backwards compatible with older versions. Vehicle set authors will need to update for compatibility with FIRS 2.0. If you are making edits to your own personal copy of DBXL set yourself, you'll need to look through the FIRS 2.0 documentation to learn what needs to be changed, or you need to wait for Michael Blunck to update it himself.

Alternately, you might want to consider using the Iron Horse set or OpenGFX+ Trains, which have compatible vehicles.

Thanks for the reply. I really like the design of DBXL, the other sets with 2CC are less to my taste. That makes that I need to tweak my copy to get it solved :-)

http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/firs/rel ... rence.html Is this the place where I can find the documentation, of is there developer documentation elsewhere? Would it only involve changing some properties in the DBXL-Firs GRF?
narrow
Engineer
Engineer

Post by narrow »

As per screen shot (two oil rigs listed) and in game I noticed that when 'new' oil rigs were formed (automatically) they were actually supplying Bauxite and not oil.

Total numpty with computers so is it me, is it a Firs anomaly or something else.

First post and if you need more information will try to provide.

Tredinghall Transport, 2010-03-29.png
(421.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

narrow wrote:As per screen shot (two oil rigs listed) and in game I noticed that when 'new' oil rigs were formed (automatically) they were actually supplying Bauxite and not oil.

Total numpty with computers so is it me, is it a Firs anomaly or something else.

First post and if you need more information will try to provide.

Tredinghall Transport, 2010-03-29.png
Is this a new game running FIRS 2.0 or did you update a savegame from FIRS 1 to FIRS 2.0?
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

narrow wrote:As per screen shot (two oil rigs listed) and in game I noticed that when 'new' oil rigs were formed (automatically) they were actually supplying Bauxite and not oil.
Such things may happen if you change economy, eg. from Temperate Basic to Arctic Basic, in a running game.
narrow
Engineer
Engineer

Post by narrow »

Is this a new game running FIRS 2.0 or did you update a savegame from FIRS 1 to FIRS 2.0?

The screen shot is of a brand new game, not even started.

Have started a couple of new games at 1950 and when the new oil rigs start appearing in the game about 2010 (I think) they are Bauxite, did try running oil tankers to them but no supply, so tried bauxite ship and they started supplying bauxite.

Such things may happen if you change economy, eg. from Temperate Basic to Arctic Basic, in a running game.

No changes made during game(s)
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

narrow wrote:Is this a new game running FIRS 2.0 or did you update a savegame from FIRS 1 to FIRS 2.0?

The screen shot is of a brand new game, not even started.

Have started a couple of new games at 1950 and when the new oil rigs start appearing in the game about 2010 (I think) they are Bauxite, did try running oil tankers to them but no supply, so tried bauxite ship and they started supplying bauxite.

No changes made during game(s)
I have the same problem in my older FIRS game. When I open the window where I can invest to open new industries. There also is the right "oil rig", so I may think it has something to do with conflicting with old industries?
So far I have only got the bauxite rig (year is 1965 -1967) as I just got the year for the right oil rig, no luck so far. (I haven't use the cheat to make money and invest on them). In my knowledge I haven't mess with any economies and I haven't change them...
Attachments
untitled.PNG
untitled.PNG (13.7 KiB) Viewed 801 times

Return to “Graphics Development”