Early Empire 2: On Water's Edge

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Following the mild success of "Birth of an Empire", Kamnet Studios presents to you the foundations of a new scenario.

Description: Set in 1830, you, a young and budding engineer, tycoon and president of a modern corporation starting at the end of the first Industrial Revolution, have set your sights on a new territory to conquer. A land of many lakes and rivers, you must tame the bare wilderness with few resources and only your wits to guide you and your sheer audacity to dare to build great public works. Connect the villages of the territory by ship, wagon, and later trains and airships, in order to bring peace and economic prosperity to the people, and be rewarded handsomely!

Information: This scenario will encourage you to focus on using the freely available modes of transport (water and roads) to start building your empire in order to build profits so you can later lay rail. Unlike the previous scenario, you will not have many mountains to scale and work around, they're more decorative and scenery, but villages and industries will be located in them. Like the previous scenario, you will only have some primary industries to work with, and NO secondary industries. Secondary industries must be self-funded. But, in a concession that the previous scenario was perhaps slightly too difficult, you will find that there are over two dozen cities with populations over 1000 inhabitants, and a dozen of them over 2000, which should allow you to more easily start profiting by connecting passenger and mail services.

Technical Details: Map size is 2048 x 2048, with a maximum height level of 50. As with the previous scenario, this one will come in various flavors to suit the player. First releases will be for a base heightmap, and a base scenario with only a select number of house/building/city sets enabled. Subsequent releases will include versions featuring FIRS, AuzIndustries, ECS Vectors and PBI/UK Industries enabled (each scenario will feature similar industries at same site locations) and a basic set of vehicles, with the idea that the player will use the scenario editor to add vehicles, game scripts, AIs and other details of their own choosing. Eventually a "Director's Cut" version will be released that will attempt to use as many NewGRFs and NewObjects as possible. Bee Goals script will be preferred as a replacement for subsides if CargoDist is enabled.

Required OpenTTD Version: Thanks to the new features included in OpenTTD 1.6.0, these scenarios will not require any patch pack or patches. Scenario files edited in OpenTTD 1.6.0, which is the minimum version required to play. For enhanced gameplay, however, players are encouraged to explore using a patch pack that includes the Daylength Patch and Infrastructure Sharing Patch.

________________________________________________________________________________

Version 0.2 - Published July 12, 2016
Basic Heightmap
Basic Scenario, only includes town name, roads and building/town/city NewGRFs
Last edited by kamnet on 13 Jul 2016 02:12, edited 6 times in total.
kamnet

Early Empire 2 - Version 0.1 - released July 9, 2016

Post by kamnet »

Basic Heightmap - v0.1
ee2-heightmap-2016-07-09.png
(369.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Basic Scenario - Only includes town name and building/town/city NewGRFs
doikdi
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Early Empire 2: On Water's Edge

Post by doikdi »

There should be a link in your post to the .scn file ? I think the link it's broken. All i can see is the heightmap file.
kamnet

Re: Early Empire 2: On Water's Edge

Post by kamnet »

doikdi wrote:There should be a link in your post to the .scn file ? I think the link it's broken. All i can see is the heightmap file.
There was, until I discovered the version I uploaded was already corrupted. :oops: Attempting to add some industry sets results in broken industry chains. I'll have to start from scratch again. Thankfully that will only take me a day. I'll have it up Monday or Tuesday.
kamnet

Early Empire 2 - Version 0.2 - released July 12, 2016

Post by kamnet »

Here is the base scenario file. No industries are loaded, just the towns using US Town Names Set and several house/building/city sets. I've also included both North American Roads Set and American Road Replacement Set. Some people like the dirt roads from one more than the other. I also included NA Roads because it has a nice set of streetcars that I want people to play with.

This scenario is not ready-to-play. You will need to add industries, you will need to add vehicles, ships, planes, trains, and anything else you want. This is just a preview so you can see my progress and adapt it as you wish. I may not be finished with this base scenario file yet.
Attachments
ee2-base-2016-07-12.scn
(6.28 MiB) Downloaded 173 times

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”