StarRaid's UK Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

StarRaid's UK Screenshots

Post by FulliAutomatix »

Starting a new map on OpenTTD which is going to be quite big so I thought I post some screenshots of what I'm doing.
I'll also probably post screenshots of some multiplayer games I play here.

I use the latest version of JGR Patch Pack so I can have A LOT of useful extra things, for example zooming VERY far out on the map, and 16k by 16k maps.

Starting off with a fully zoomed out view of the map, my first railway shall be running from the big city on the eastern island to a city on the main island over a grand bridge or underwater tunnel (provided by JGRPP).
Attachments
Greater Brittania Railway Co., 2nd Jan 2017#2.png
Starting off with a fully zoomed out view of the map, my first railway shall be running from the big city on the eastern island to a city on the main island over a grand bridge or underwater tunnel (provided by JGRPP).
(308.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Re: StarRaid's UK Screenshots

Post by FulliAutomatix »

For those whomst wish to know, here is a list of the GRFs I am using
Attachments
NewGRFs.png
NewGRFs.png (29.7 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

Started off in the eastern islands main city Hayledon, named after a city from a few failed projects of mine.
I have laid out the track so that every platform is accesible by the Fast and Slow tracks, waypointed at the bottom.
I have also built 2 high-level platforms for local metro services to run on 3rd rail.

Attachments
Greater Brittania Railway Co., 2nd Jan 2017#5.png
(651.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

Rangley seaside town, yet another name with similar origin of Hayledon, is a small port located a bit down the coast from Hayledon.
It will receive a local commuter service to Hayledon, and occasional HST service from the main island.

In this screenshot I have used ISR tiles for the train terminal at the dock, MariCo for the lovely ships and mole that span around the dock, and as usual Dutch Stations for the main passenger station.
Attachments
Greater Brittania Railway Co., 8th Jan 2017.png
(908.17 KiB) Not downloaded yet
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Looks promising! I like your building style.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

SwissFan91 wrote:Looks promising! I like your building style.
Thank you! Im currently building around this city, mostly a metro loop, but I'll post some more screenshots when I've finished the area
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

Holiday makers enjoy the basking sunshine as the local trams trot along the seafront crossing over the Clockwise Hayledon Metro loop
Attachments
Greater Brittania Railway Co., 12th Dec 2017.png
Greater Brittania Railway Co., 12th Dec 2017.png (244.24 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

Based roughly on its real life counterpart, Bristol Temple Meads is the hub in the south of the island. Receiving electric express services from the main island, and many regional and other express services from across the island.
Attachments
Greater Brittania Railway Co., 4th Jan 2024.png
(1.25 MiB) Not downloaded yet
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

Based at Tawts-Yr-Coed Train Maintenance Depot, Class 14 004 is shunting 37 114 and its rake of Mk 2 carriages into the depot, after running a long service from Porthmadog to Tawts-Yr-Coed

Attachments
Greater Brittania Railway Co., 21st Sep 2024.png
Greater Brittania Railway Co., 21st Sep 2024.png (288.13 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

As 156 007 + 156 010 makes its way out of rye to Blaenau Ffestiniog running late, 150 209 shunts itself into the sidings to wait for its free platform for its service to Exeter, currently taken by 156 003 loading for its run behind 156 007 + 156 010 on the local stopper to Blaenau Ffestiniog
Attachments
Greater Brittania Railway Co., 21st Jul 2034.png
Greater Brittania Railway Co., 21st Jul 2034.png (322.29 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

FulliAutomatix wrote:I have laid out the track so that every platform is accesible by the Fast and Slow tracks, waypointed at the bottom.
Interesting layout at Hayledon, though I don't think the top most platform has access to the Down Fast, let alone the slows! I also hope most of your services there will be arriving/departing from the Fasts, as there are only 4 platforms accessible from the slows without a conflicting move that would completely take out the Fasts for departures.
FulliAutomatix wrote:Based at Tawts-Yr-Coed Train Maintenance Depot, Class 14 004 is shunting 37 114 and its rake of Mk 2 carriages into the depot, after running a long service from Porthmadog to Tawts-Yr-Coed
Surely that Shunter should be on the front (assuming the depot is the thing in the screenie)?

I quite like these though, keep it up! :D
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

Pilot wrote:Interesting layout at Hayledon, though I don't think the top most platform has access to the Down Fast, let alone the slows!

The very top platform does have access to the fast down (as shown in atatchment) but not the slow down, I deliberately did this so the fast lines always have a reserve platform if the station is swarmed with slow trains (which I doubt it will). Should have really explained that in the screenshot. : P
Pilot wrote:I also hope most of your services there will be arriving/departing from the Fasts, as there are only 4 platforms accessible from the slows without a conflicting move that would completely take out the Fasts for departures.
Generally the slow trains will favour the bottom four platforms ifirst, and overflow if needed. I don't have the slow commuter trains stop there for too long as its a commuter style service, but the fast trains will be timetabled for longer waiting times.
Pilot wrote:Surely that Shunter should be on the front (assuming the depot is the thing in the screenie)?
Yes, I did realise that after I built that train, and I couldn't think of a reason why it would do that :D . The shunter was just going into the TMD to sit as decoration anyway, I just took a screenshot of it because it looked good. I can only think that the shunter was sat in a siding the other side of the station, then the 37 came in, and then it attatched from the rear and pushed it in.
Pilot wrote:I quite like these though, keep it up! :D
Thank you! I enjoy this game, but I'm really slow at building trains only because I'm documenting every train I build on this into a spreadsheet with its info. I'll probably upload that at some point, as well as the save!
Attachments
Hayledon junctions.png
Hayledon junctions.png (162.37 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

315 014 and 315 005 arrive and Rangley at the end of a commuter service from Hayledon via Bramley, surrounded by the tram network that keeps Rangley moving.

Attachments
Greater Brittania Railway Co., 11th Nov 2037.png
(371.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

The small island of Bude Strand, with its island line to keep the 3 towns connected, especially with the main island boat services.
The line is ran by 2 313s, currently in operation is 313 021 seen here about to stop at Elgin Docks, and 313 022 in the siding awaiting its time for service.

Attachments
Greater Brittania Railway Co., 31st Aug 2038.png
(690.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

Looking for a good narrow gauge railway set, can anyone give me some suggestions? Perticularly anything british enough.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

FulliAutomatix wrote:Looking for a good narrow gauge railway set, can anyone give me some suggestions? Perticularly anything british enough.
Im hoping to have my British tracks set released by the weekend, but the only narrow gauge rail in the set will be a rack rail and limited to 30mph by parameter.
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

Leanden wrote:Im hoping to have my British tracks set released by the weekend, but the only narrow gauge rail in the set will be a rack rail and limited to 30mph by parameter.
Yeah I've found tracks but I can't find any UK locos which is sad. Perhaps if someone got the graphics they could go into BR trains? I was thinking stuff from the Ffestiniog/Welsh Highland railway.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Well im already working on Snowdon Mountain Railway. :)

I might have to swap out the maglev for standard narrow gauge then, and have maglev as a parameter, or swap out one of the high speed rails.
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

I some what envy you with your track layouts, particularly the depots and stations. Will be interesting to see more.
Take a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74993
Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

Thought I'd upload some screenshots of an older save. Haven't done anything on the save I've been posting here.
These are screenshots of my 2 bussiest junctions, Cwmbran Parkway and Coombe Airport (in order)

Attachments
First Great Western, 12th Jun 2069.png
First Great Western, 12th Jun 2069.png (301.4 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
First Great Western, 2nd Jul 2069#1.png
First Great Western, 2nd Jul 2069#1.png (235.3 KiB) Viewed 1395 times

Return to “Screenshots”