[WIP] The Trolleybus Project

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

What do you want for the next trolley?

Poll ended at 18 Jul 2006 21:45

Mercedes-Benz Citaro Trolley
39%
Ikarus 260T
17%
Ikarus 412T/435T
17%
VanHool AGG300T
17%
Fictional Trolleys :D
11%

Total votes: 18

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

yup you made excatly what i made. i also discoverd when you overhead wire the road, the busses try and pass. they cant do that in real life. so i used the tram idea per my initial post when i said i was gonna try it.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Costas
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Costas »

of course they can overtake, there r double overhead wires on top so trolleybuses can wait in a stop without stoping all traffic plus the drivers get out and move the poles all the time (well they did in greece)
Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

Someone should make this a thing that stays posted at the top of the forum. I dunno what it's called but hopefully you get what I mean.

EDIT: It's a Sticky.
Image I like Articulated Buses or Streetcars (Although I really like anything with wheels including planes, Thanks to Seelenquell for making Toronto's ALRV and CLRV for Locomotion. All we need now is a TTC D40LF and D60LF to go with the LRVs. Plus the Scarborough RT vehicles too.)
Resion for the LRV's is to make a good alternative to buses. Visit Here for more info.

Breeze's Bus Shop *Opening Soon*
G-TANK-G
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by G-TANK-G »

this is very good mate, i've even modded the c/e tram to be able to drive on it.
however, you cannot make a level crossing with a normal track...or is that meant to be the idea?
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

therefore the trackst.dat and/or trackng.dat must be changed. compability-stuff..
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
wyctor
Director
Director

Post by wyctor »

Plastikman wrote:yup you made excatly what i made. i also discoverd when you overhead wire the road, the busses try and pass. they cant do that in real life. so i used the tram idea per my initial post when i said i was gonna try it.
well, i don't know where and when have you released it, but if it's true, sorry, i haven't seen it before...And I don't know why are you telling that the trolley buses can pass...NO, THEY CAN'T...I made this "option" for roads from the tram track, and when I use it, they cannot pass each other...
Attachments
névtelen.JPG
névtelen.JPG (12.24 KiB) Viewed 5445 times
Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

wyctor wrote:
Plastikman wrote:yup you made excatly what i made. i also discoverd when you overhead wire the road, the busses try and pass. they cant do that in real life. so i used the tram idea per my initial post when i said i was gonna try it.
well, i don't know where and when have you released it, but if it's true, sorry, i haven't seen it before...And I don't know why are you telling that the trolley buses can pass...NO, THEY CAN'T...I made this "option" for roads from the tram track, and when I use it, they cannot pass each other...
OMG so if you make 3 platforms you can have normal buses not passing.

That's so cool. Also I noticed there's a new law in Ottawa (For Bus Drivers)

The New Law: Buses cannot pass that stop if they have to stop there. Meaning untill they pull up to where the Bus Stop Sign is they cannot leave and have to wait.

Anyway back on topic. Since we can make the buses not pass with this mod. Why don't we convert all the buses we know off. Including the default buses. Then we can add the trolley buses.

(First I gotta test out this trolley bus mod)
Image I like Articulated Buses or Streetcars (Although I really like anything with wheels including planes, Thanks to Seelenquell for making Toronto's ALRV and CLRV for Locomotion. All we need now is a TTC D40LF and D60LF to go with the LRVs. Plus the Scarborough RT vehicles too.)
Resion for the LRV's is to make a good alternative to buses. Visit Here for more info.

wyctor
Director
Director

Post by wyctor »

Breeze646 wrote:
wyctor wrote:
OMG so if you make 3 platforms you can have normal buses not passing.

That's so cool. Also I noticed there's a new law in Ottawa (For Bus Drivers)

The New Law: Buses cannot pass that stop if they have to stop there. Meaning untill they pull up to where the Bus Stop Sign is they cannot leave and have to wait.

Anyway back on topic. Since we can make the buses not pass with this mod. Why don't we convert all the buses we know off. Including the default buses. Then we can add the trolley buses.

(First I gotta test out this trolley bus mod)
No...In Hungary normal buses can overtake trolleybuses, if they don't have to stop there. But in this mod, normal buses cannot pass the trolleys :?

And yes, we should convert all known buses, but the trolley buses have pantographs, to we have to change the graphics..
Last edited by wyctor on 03 May 2006 20:24, edited 1 time in total.
Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

Well here in Ottawa I was meaning because OC Transpo received tomany complaints about buses going by there stop and having to wait like 30 minutes for the next one.

Oh ya I love how you can put the trolley bus network tile thing on the tram tracks. Atlest with that I can run my buses almost everywhere.
And Yeah convert all known buses and I'm going to try to start converting. (Atlest the default ones)
Last edited by Breeze646 on 03 May 2006 20:25, edited 1 time in total.

wyctor
Director
Director

Post by wyctor »

SQ's MAn Ng272 could be a very good articulated trolley bus...It would look like IKarus 435T
Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

Yeah but right now I'm just converting the default diesel buses. (Or atlest trying to)

Okay first attempt is the GMC Classic and will have a No-Breakdown mod.

BTW I think it will be a good one too.

Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

Aw man this is harder then I thought. Oh well. I'm going to try a few more times.

Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

do you draw the pantograph on each of the 64 frames manually? thats a lot of work to do..
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

No I was just trying to convert the current buses like the GM Classic. I ain't even going to attempt that untill I succesfully convert a normal bus. Which I sort of give up. I ain't succeding.

BTW Instead of being like a real Trolley bus. Maybe we should have 1 trolley pole on the bus since we only have 1 line above the bus line.

Looks more realisic (or game realisic)

Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

Aw man I need help converting em. I tryed all the tools advaible.

I give up can someone else convert the current buses then start on the Electric buses. Atlest a former request of mine is coming true. No Passing Bus Mod.

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

wyctor wrote:
i never released it because andel i did it while on vacation and came back and andel was 90% done. I said thats why i used the tram conversion instead of adding power lines to a road, i dont want them to pass! the ones i remember riding in california sucked if you were on an empty one behind a full one. we kept having to stop so the one in front can unload :? . also at one point, there was a truck in the way and the bus could not quite get around it. i guess the truck was unloading thought there was enough room. other then those headaches, it was a great system. less smog and less cost then petrol i assume. the public transpotation systems in callifornia seem to be pretty good.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

Costas wrote:of course they can overtake, there r double overhead wires on top so trolleybuses can wait in a stop without stoping all traffic plus the drivers get out and move the poles all the time (well they did in greece)
They didn't ever do that in Toronto, that's for sure. There were a number of short turn loops (with wires) that the buses could go into, but I don't think they ever overtook each other. Having re-wired a trolley pole myself, it's not easy or fun!
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
wyctor
Director
Director

Post by wyctor »

made GM Classic to run on Trolley Bus way

Sorry Breeze646...
Attachments
clatrol1.dat
GM Classic Trolley Bus
(40.75 KiB) Downloaded 405 times
Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

Lol good job. I gave up anyway after I tryed everything. I guess I won't be converting em.

Now we have a normal bus on the bus way. Hmm I have big plans for a big transit bus system. Now I can get rid of some of my tram routes that don't need it because it's hardly carrys any people. Thanks!!!

BTW No need to be sorry. It's okay.

Any plans for the Buses that Seelenquell made? And after where done this converting all the buses. We shall start on the Trolley Buses. Hopefully this won't take long.
Last edited by Breeze646 on 04 May 2006 19:59, edited 1 time in total.

wyctor
Director
Director

Post by wyctor »

not a very big work...you have to write the anytrack bit from 1 to 0, and you have to put in the eowroad1 require variable, rename the vehicle, and the compatibe name, and make the dat.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”