[Patch] Yellow Path Signals

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [Patch] Yellow Path Signals

Post by Leanden »

Correct me if im wrong but you have loaded a savegame from trunk into yellow pbs, thats likely where the pathfinder conflict has arisen.
The Growl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by The Growl »

Leanden wrote:Correct me if im wrong but you have loaded a savegame from trunk into yellow pbs, thats likely where the pathfinder conflict has arisen.
I new to patches, I should have not loaded the regular game into the patch I suppose.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

in any case, providing a savegame to reproduce a crash is needed, the crash report alone is almost useless.
The Growl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by The Growl »

I want to install the GRF version of this, but no can do, it doesn't work. Am I missing something here.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

yes, that there is no "GRF version" of this.
The Growl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by The Growl »

Eddi wrote:yes, that there is no "GRF version" of this.
Very confused.
Attachments
sc5.png
sc5.png (20.78 KiB) Viewed 3250 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The NewGRF file provides the visual changes on the screen, which are useless without the OpenTTD source code being patched so that those graphics have something to hook into.
The Growl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by The Growl »

kamnet wrote:The NewGRF file provides the visual changes on the screen, which are useless without the OpenTTD source code being patched so that those graphics have something to hook into.
Ah, gotcha. :rolleyes:
Karn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Karn »

Leanden wrote:Correct me if im wrong but you have loaded a savegame from trunk into yellow pbs, thats likely where the pathfinder conflict has arisen.
No, this should actually work. Yellow_PBS_8.1 should be able to load every non-patched (trunk) savegame with version 194 or less. Well.. that's the theory.. The savegame is from branch 1.6.0, which is version 194. 1.6.0 is newer than trunk r27505, but it shouldn't matter, since there wasn't any major update in between. (maybe newgrf version bump could cause something...)

I'm not sure, if I'm reading The Growl's crash log correctly... But it looks like you added some NewGRFs into running game, this can be the problem too.

Anyway, like Eddi said, we can get answers only from that savegame, so if you want to complete your bug report, upload the savegame.
The Growl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by The Growl »

Karn wrote:
No, this should actually work. Yellow_PBS_8.1 should be able to load every non-patched (trunk) savegame with version 194 or less. Well.. that's the theory.. The savegame is from branch 1.6.0, which is version 194. 1.6.0 is newer than trunk r27505, but it shouldn't matter, since there wasn't any major update in between. (maybe newgrf version bump could cause something...)

I'm not sure, if I'm reading The Growl's crash log correctly... But it looks like you added some NewGRFs into running game, this can be the problem too.

Anyway, like Eddi said, we can get answers only from that savegame, so if you want to complete your bug report, upload the savegame.
I'd like to but have moved on now and can't remember what savegame it is. I've tried to read the report but it doesn't really make much sense to me. Could you help me out in helping you out. :P
Karn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Karn »

Crash at: Sat Jun 18 13:45:32 2016

In game date: 2084-03-01 (70)

If you have saves in one folder, you can sort files by date of modification and look for that ^^ real date and in game date i guess.
Attachments
sc.jpg
sc.jpg (127.38 KiB) Viewed 3105 times
The Growl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by The Growl »

I think we've found a match. (I could find any 2084 save but the RL date matched up.)
Attachments
New Alyx Links, 25th Sep 2102.sav
(784.14 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Karn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Karn »

Gamelog says, it's the same game, but in the future. But this doesn't help either. To fix something, I would need to see something wrong. I would need savegame few moments before crashing (if it crashed itself) or i would need to know exact actions to crash that game. At least we know, there is some bug.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Is it possible to make own newgrf in nml language and use extra_callback_info2 for appropriate signal state?
(are these 'reserved' values used with this patch? https://newgrf-specs.tt-wiki.net/wiki/N ... es#signals )
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
Karn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Karn »

I'm not sure, I never tested this. This line of code tells it might work

Code: Select all

uint32 param2 = (type << 16) | (var << 8) | state;
But I kinda don't understand how newgrf resolving works, it's horrible code. Best thing you can do is to try it yourself and post results here.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”