Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:15 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Australia has inspired some scenarios, with the most realistic by Myfineshrine in 2009. However, I have edited his scenario to reflect my knowledge of my country's geography.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:38 am 
Engineer
Engineer

I have changed Myfineshrine's scenario to include the following:
* Having more of the continent taken up by desert landscapes (e.g. I really needed to correct desert areas because Alice Springs apparently wasn't in a desert in the original scenario)
* Added more captions to denote World Heritage Areas and famous landmarks
* More realistic landscapes (e.g. some cities are now bisected by rivers, while large dams which supply water to cities are also shown)
Attachment:
File comment: Realistic landscapes of Sydney and Newcastle, bisected by rivers, lakes and mountains.
screenshot#5.png [472.85 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

* A larger area of NSW, Vic & Qld are farmland to reflect Australia's massive agricultural production.
* Added Timor, Christmas Island and Norfolk Island in their correct positions on the map.
Attachment:
File comment: Lake Eyre is shown as a full lake here.
screenshot#1.png [84.8 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

* Placed small settlements in their correct locations on various islands to simulate the administrative, economic and logistical headaches that isolated island settlements suffer in real life.
* More settlements in coastal areas and agricultural areas, especially in the most populated and fertile states.
* Made dry lakes "full" to simulate the entire areas that these dry lakes can occupy in the rare events that they are full (even when they are not full, they are inaccessible to development due to flood risk and extreme salinity).
Attachment:
File comment: Timor has been added. It presents quite a challenge due to its landscape...
screenshot#10.png [196.71 KiB]
Not downloaded yet