Scenarios based on Australia

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

CH4S
Engineer
Engineer

Scenarios based on Australia

Post by CH4S »

Australia has inspired some scenarios, with the most realistic by Myfineshrine in 2009. However, I have edited his scenario to reflect my knowledge of my country's geography.
CH4S
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Scenarios based on Australia

Post by CH4S »

I have changed Myfineshrine's scenario to include the following:
* Having more of the continent taken up by desert landscapes (e.g. I really needed to correct desert areas because Alice Springs apparently wasn't in a desert in the original scenario)
* Added more captions to denote World Heritage Areas and famous landmarks
* More realistic landscapes (e.g. some cities are now bisected by rivers, while large dams which supply water to cities are also shown)
screenshot#5.png
Realistic landscapes of Sydney and Newcastle, bisected by rivers, lakes and mountains.
(472.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
* A larger area of NSW, Vic & Qld are farmland to reflect Australia's massive agricultural production.
* Added Timor, Christmas Island and Norfolk Island in their correct positions on the map.
screenshot#1.png
Lake Eyre is shown as a full lake here.
(84.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
* Placed small settlements in their correct locations on various islands to simulate the administrative, economic and logistical headaches that isolated island settlements suffer in real life.
* More settlements in coastal areas and agricultural areas, especially in the most populated and fertile states.
* Made dry lakes "full" to simulate the entire areas that these dry lakes can occupy in the rare events that they are full (even when they are not full, they are inaccessible to development due to flood risk and extreme salinity).
screenshot#10.png
Timor has been added. It presents quite a challenge due to its landscape...
(196.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
farsight87
Engineer
Engineer

Post by farsight87 »

CH4S wrote:Australia has inspired some scenarios, with the most realistic by Myfineshrine in 2009. However, I have edited his scenario to reflect my knowledge of my country's geography.
Hi CH4S!

I have been playing with your australia scenario and Im loving it. I have just converted it to FIRS3 industries and the CZTR 32bpp train set. Would you like me to send you a copy, to upload to bananas?

Cheers!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

farsight87 wrote:
CH4S wrote:Australia has inspired some scenarios, with the most realistic by Myfineshrine in 2009. However, I have edited his scenario to reflect my knowledge of my country's geography.
Hi CH4S!

I have been playing with your australia scenario and Im loving it. I have just converted it to FIRS3 industries and the CZTR 32bpp train set. Would you like me to send you a copy, to upload to bananas?

Cheers!
Considering that CH4S hasn't been here for three years, hes probably not answering.

Since you are converting a conversion of a scenario, have you thoroughly play tested this to ensure that there are no glitches? FIRS3 is hugely different from past implementations, and cargo IDs shifted, often resulting in broken graphics and broken chains when you try to upgrade scenarios that had other industries in them.
farsight87
Engineer
Engineer

Post by farsight87 »

kamnet wrote:
farsight87 wrote:
Hi CH4S!

Cheers!
Considering that CH4S hasn't been here for three years, hes probably not answering.

Since you are converting a conversion of a scenario, have you thoroughly play tested this to ensure that there are no glitches? FIRS3 is hugely different from past implementations, and cargo IDs shifted, often resulting in broken graphics and broken chains when you try to upgrade scenarios that had other industries in them.
Hi kamnet,

I have been playing it for some time today and it looks fine so far.
I manually replaced every industry with an equivalent or similar industry from FIRS3 to overcome the invalid IDs etc.

Cheers!

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”