Ship collision bug?

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

DeletedUser10
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Ship collision bug?

Post by DeletedUser10 »

When I build a canal in the game and let ships run on it, I realized that when ships go on the last block of the canal, it seems that the ship get out from the canal and continue running, then crush into the tile next to the canal.
Is this a bug or something?
Sorry for my "Appalling" English.
Sent from my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Ship collision bug?

Post by Alberth »

I am not sure what you're saying, probably a picture would help (or a savegame so we can see for ourselves)
... go on the last block of the canal, it seems that the ship get out from the canal and continue running ..
so they reach the end of the canal, then what?
They reached their destination, or they get stuck at that point, or they "sail" on land instead of water, or ???

If the ship just continues to move towards its destination, but the graphics look weird, it's a graphics problem. If it gets stuck, you not give it enough room (it needs several tiles to turn). A bug is also an option, but I can't judge that at this time.
then crush into the tile next to the canal
If it's just weird graphics, but functionally it all works, it's a known phenomenon. Ships are supposed to be a single-tile (or something in that size), but many ships are much larger graphically. The game however doesn't know the bigger size, and thus you get front or back of the ship going all over the place. If you provide sufficient water, it will look fine, just as the ship at sea.

Another point can be that you didn't give enough room for the ship to turn. Ships cannot move backward, they need several tiles room to turn. If you don't give that, the ship tries as best as it can, but it is not pretty graphically.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
DeletedUser10
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DeletedUser10 »

Sorry I don't know how to make SS in OpenTTD, but the problem is that hovercraft reach the last block of canal it still runs on land instead of water, but just for 1tile.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

ir1n1o57 wrote:Sorry I don't know how to make SS in OpenTTD, but the problem is that hovercraft reach the last block of canal it still runs on land instead of water, but just for 1tile.
It's a know graphical glitch. One of the charms left over from Transport Tycoon Deluxe. :)
DeletedUser10
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DeletedUser10 »

Thank you very much.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”