OpenTTD 1.2.2 on Kindle Fire???

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

EpicTyphlosion
Engineer
Engineer

OpenTTD 1.2.2 on Kindle Fire???

Post by EpicTyphlosion »

The version of the Kindle Fire port of OpenTTD is only at version 1.2.2, and seeing as the last update of the app was three years ago (judging by the Amazon App Store), the devs of OpenTTD must have forgotten that there are still some people like me who don't have an Android tablet, which that has the latest version as of now.

Can one of the devs of OpenTTD please update the port for the Kindle, or at least consider it? It seems ridiculous that the Android users are having all the fun...
Profile pic = Me IRL
Sylf
President
President

Re: OpenTTD 1.2.2 on Kindle Fire???

Post by Sylf »

EpicTyphlosion wrote:the devs of OpenTTD must have forgotten that there are still some people like me who don't have an Android tablet,
They didn't forget. They never made Kindle Fire version in the first place. It was probably released by a fan. If you can track down who that fan is, and can find a way to get in contact with him or her, that'll probably the best way to go.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Or, if you're willing to spend about 20 minutes, you can learn how to download .apk files from the Google Play store and sideload them on your Kindle Fire.

It looks like Pelya is the developer for the Amazon App Store release. He is also the developer of the Android version, which should be up-to-date. You can contact him either here or through the 'Contact Developer" link on the Amazon App Store page.
EpicTyphlosion
Engineer
Engineer

Post by EpicTyphlosion »

kamnet wrote:Or, if you're willing to spend about 20 minutes, you can learn how to download .apk files from the Google Play store and sideload them on your Kindle Fire.

It looks like Pelya is the developer for the Amazon App Store release. He is also the developer of the Android version, which should be up-to-date. You can contact him either here or through the 'Contact Developer" link on the Amazon App Store page.
I've already tried that, and sadly the app crashes right when it opens up the game.
Profile pic = Me IRL
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Crash on Kindle Fire should be fixed, please try to update it from Amazon appstore, or download .apk file directly: https://sourceforge.net/projects/libsdl ... k/OpenTTD/

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”