Help with missing GRFs on a saved game with over 1000 trains

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

inkiboo
Engineer
Engineer

Help with missing GRFs on a saved game with over 1000 trains

Post by inkiboo »

Hi,

First off, hello! First post on here. Been playing TT since 1995 and discovered OpenTTD a few years back. Had fun messing about with it and then forgot about it.

Skip forward to today and I've redownloaded OpenTTD and I can't seem to get a saved game to open. It says it is missing GRFs but a) when I say find online it says I already have them and b) I've put them in the newgrf folder and still nothing happens.

Now, this wouldn't be an issue except I'm using Maglev trains and have 900 of them! When I load the game it replaces them with a diesel train that can't use the maglev tracks, which is a slight issue as I then get send them to a depot. Same thing happens with another train but it replaces with a steam train which can be replaced however there are 300 to replace and it is taking a while.

So, either:

a) could some kind soul please tell me how to get the GRFs to work
b) how can I replace trains without sending them to a depot

File can be downloaded here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lztqixelftjtq ... 202399.sav

Many thanks in advance
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Help with missing GRFs on a saved game with over 1000 tr

Post by planetmaker »

That savegame uses two NewGRF which never properly worked with OpenTTD, they report a grossly incorrect version for the language they're written in which OpenTTD does not understand (and never understood) But OpenTTD got stricter with its validation of NewGRFs, thus disables them instead of making a random and too often wrong guess as to what language the author of those NewGRFs could have meant.

Code: Select all

dbg: [grf] NewGRF 444A0201 (Generic_European_Train_Set_GES-Alpha2.1\ges_pa2.1.grf) not found; checksum 45054312E8038955B33606A427BAFF2F
dbg: [grf] NewGRF 44460000 (OpenTTD_plus.0.1\ottdpp.grf) not found; checksum 794F4247978D52C300939D120EA29176
There's really no other solution than sending the vehicles to a depot and replacing the ones you like to see replaced.
inkiboo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by inkiboo »

Ah. I would send the maglev trains to the depot except they currently have a train that won't work on a maglev track!

Oh well, thank you anyway.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

inkiboo wrote:Ah. I would send the maglev trains to the depot except they currently have a train that won't work on a maglev track!

Oh well, thank you anyway.
You could try an older version of OpenTTD, from around the time you made that save, to send the vehicles to the depot. And once they are there in there you should be able to replace them.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
keoz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by keoz »

Another solution could be correcting the NewGRF's code.
Patch - Let's timetable depot waiting time with the Wait in depot patch.
GameScript - Searching a new way to make your cities growing ? Try the Renewed City Growth GameScript.
My screenshots thread.
Mr Fox
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr Fox »

Maybe you are not using a Maglev depot? I will check it and see what I can do.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”