OpenTTD 1.10.0-RC1 released

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

OpenTTD 1.10.0-RC1 released

Post by jfs »

We managed to make quite a lot of changes in RC1, which marks the beginning of the “feature freeze” phase of the 1.10 release cycle.

This release comes with a final flurry of features including a new screenshot window and type, several NewGRF & Script additions and more. Some notable changes are a new improved algorithm for transfer networks and improved sharing of industry production output between multiple stations. Also many (mostly obscure) crashing bugs were ousted.

See the changelog for further details.
Gankenstein
Engineer
Engineer

Re: OpenTTD 1.10.0-RC1 released

Post by Gankenstein »

Would someone please remind me where to get matching versions of OpenGFX, Open SFX, possibly also zBase? I've looked in bundles.openttdcoop.org, but can't seem to find any builds timestamped later than April 2019.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Gankenstein wrote: 20 Mar 2020 17:39 Would someone please remind me where to get matching versions of OpenGFX, Open SFX, possibly also zBase? I've looked in bundles.openttdcoop.org, but can't seem to find any builds timestamped later than April 2019.
https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenGFX
https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenSFX
zBase is maintained by Zypheris, but AFAIk has not been updated in quite awhile.
Gankenstein
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gankenstein »

Thanks, Kamnet!

Now, it may be that it's just poor search-fu on my part, but e.g. for OpenGFX, all I find is the latest release, 0.5.5 (which is also available from the OpenTTD website). I already have that from BaNaNas. The problem is, when launching 1.10 RC1, the welcome screen states "the current base graphics set is missing 5 sprites" (but in my language). So I'm thinking some sort of nightly build is required for the missing sprites, andI haven't located such a build. How can I get hold of the missing sprites?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Gankenstein wrote: 21 Mar 2020 00:37 Thanks, Kamnet!

Now, it may be that it's just poor search-fu on my part, but e.g. for OpenGFX, all I find is the latest release, 0.5.5 (which is also available from the OpenTTD website). I already have that from BaNaNas. The problem is, when launching 1.10 RC1, the welcome screen states "the current base graphics set is missing 5 sprites" (but in my language). So I'm thinking some sort of nightly build is required for the missing sprites, andI haven't located such a build. How can I get hold of the missing sprites?
I suppose somebody would have to draw them first. :)

It's not uncommon for OpenGFX to not be immediately updated when OpenTTD adds new sprites. Usually it's sprites that don't normally see, so you're not really missing anything. It should be updated in the next few weeks as the devs get ready to launch OpenTTD 1.10.0 officially.
Gankenstein
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gankenstein »

Thanks again, I wasn't aware of that. Then I'll go ahead and play!
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

1.10-RC1 Android release in beta channel on Play Store, or here for side-loading

Cloud save is broken, I'll try to fix it in the final release.

Return to “General OpenTTD”